• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weapons

DaveThePanther2008

Yes, this Panthers offense needs weapons.

Gave away the only weapon the Panthers had on offense.

I just sit back and watch as the offensive players I wanted to draft excel in the NFL

QB: (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Carr) All active QBs I wanted to draft on draft day

RB: Nick Chubb (over DJ Moore), Christian McCaffrey

WR: Stefon Diggs (over Devin Funchess), Cooper Kupp (over Curtis Samuel), Jarvis Landry (over Kony Ealy), Garrett Wilson (over Ikem Ekwonu)  

TE: Hunter Henry (over Vernon Butler)

I never get what I want. I have to watch my picks succeed while I watch the Butlers, Ealys, Moores, Funchess', Burns', Browns and Ekwonus struggle for years with incomplete games and fans who just keep hoping for them to break out and insisting it takes 3 to 5 years for them to finally make a franchise player impact. Moore should have never gotten an extension. Burns should not get an extension. Ekwonu should not be looking forward to an extension as a LT until he can stop his waist bending ways and show he can pass block speed rushers with the best of them.

Same story at the start of the franchise. I never wanted to draft a QB in 1995. I wanted Beuerlein, Brunell, and Warner in the QB room (raiding the 49ers offensive minds). I was looking at Peyton Manning and Brian Griese being available later in 97/98. I wanted Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Torry Holt (never wanted the Gilbert trade) at WR.

I'm sure I will continue to not get what I want with this franchise.

My draft picks from 2022 were on the money again.

• Poo 7

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

I just sit back and watch as the offensive players I wanted to draft excel in the NFL

QB: (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Carr) All active QBs I wanted to draft on draft day

WR: Stefon Diggs (over Devin Funchess), Cooper Kupp (over Curtis Samuel), Jarvis Landry (over Kony Ealy), Garrett Wilson (over Ikem Ekwonu)  

I never get what I want. I have to watch my picks succeed while I watch the Butlers, Ealys, Moores, Funchess', Burns', Browns and Ekwonus struggle for years with incomplete games and fans who just keep hoping for them to break out and insisting it takes 3 to 5 years for them to finally make a franchise player impact. Moore should have never gotten an extension. Burns should not get an extension. Ekwonu should not be looking forward to an extension as a LT until he can stop his waist bending ways and show he can pass block speed rushers with the best of them.

Same story at the start of the franchise. I never wanted to draft a QB in 1995. I wanted Beuerlein, Brunell, and Warner in the QB room (raiding the 49ers offensive minds). I was looking at Peyton Manning and Brian Griese being available later in 97/98. I wanted Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Torry Holt (never wanted the Gilbert trade) at WR.

Gotta love that hindsight 

• Flames 3

35 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Marshall was wide open for a tuddy Sam under threw it. But we do need to upgrade RB TE and Shi. But biggest issue is no one is being schemed open. I’m starting to really want Stroud he has them sideline throws on a string 

I’m right there with you on Stroud. Easily my favorite. With our typical 5-6 wins looming it would probably take an epic trade haul to get him and no prospect is that sure. I’ve started researching Richardson hoping I can warm up to him. 

24 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Sounds like you are in the wrong line of work.   

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Don't forget the two 3rd round picks for Jeff Lewis. lol

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Aquel glass is on the money?

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Whatever QB we throw out there next year needs a security blanket because he likely won’t be all that great. I’d draft mayer from ND and start there. 

That's what I said last week and half the board si set on gambling on another QB with our 1st round draft pick.  I think we need upgrades onTE, WR, OL...before drafting a QB in current position.

6 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Of all the offseason moves perhaps the one I least understood was giving Ian Thomas a multi-year deal worth millions. The guy can’t catch, can’t run and can barely block.  What a disaster. 

818185964_fittslasereyes.jpg.5221172d8d6a805e43b426e4d706b900.jpg

Edited by Shotgun