• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Maybe Not So Obvious” Elephant in the Room

WarHeel

8 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I'm not going to try and change your mind. The product, this year so far, hasn't been top notch. But I will leave you with this. It takes no confidence at all to have hope. 

That is all we, as fans, have. We hope the powers that be can get things right. We hope the players they draft will all work out. We hope next year will be better.

Yes, frustration is part of the process. But frustration doesn't last. Hope can last considerably longer.

You have to have a base for that hope, a hope based off things that you have seen. At least I do. Not a blind hope. I have seen nothing over the past few years that would lead me to believe that tepper knows what he's doing or has learned from mistakes. 

I hope that it's happened, but it's pretty much an empty one. I would like to believe that he'll pick the guy that can take us to the top, but he's more and more not showing himself to really understand what needs to be done. 

It's up to him to prove he can lead a successful franchise and he's got a long way to go to make that happen.

• Beer 1

The problem is not that we are not winning. It's a zero sum league and plenty of teams are on long slumps without the fans giving up.

The problem is that we are in a collage sports state where even bad teams have winning records (after being up the teams like Little U Squirrels, South Western Cook County Suburbans and Coastal Kentucky Explorers).

Or to put it bluntly. Fans are spoiled.

23 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t blame panthers fans who sold their tickets to some idiot “lifelong” Steeler fan who has never left Statesville. Don’t want us selling tickets? Put a better product on the field. 

It happens whenever a 'big' team comes to town, regardless of how well the Panthers are doing.

PSLs are clearly just seen as investments by a large portion of our fanbase. Home field advantage is a myth in Charlotte.

16 hours ago, rayzor said:

December hasn't been fun for panther fans for years. When the regular season is over, then it can get interesting. The problem is I have very little faith in tepper making any right decisions. I just have no confidence in this team in it's rebuild. 

That's why I do not worry about anything other than seeing them pull out a win. This offenseason is going to get really interesting.  Hell Tepper may go after Aaron Rogers in the offseason.  Anything can and will happen.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's why I do not worry about anything other than seeing them pull out a win. This offenseason is going to get really interesting.  Hell Tepper may go after Aaron Rogers in the offseason.  Anything can and will happen.  

You betca. There are literally a million decisions to be made this offseason. Some I fear, will not be met with open arms. While others will be seen as the answer to our prayers. And at the same time as well.

Thanks goodness I don't have a life. Cuz I wouldn't miss this for anything.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

You have to have a base for that hope, a hope based off things that you have seen. At least I do. Not a blind hope. I have seen nothing over the past few years that would lead me to believe that tepper knows what he's doing or has learned from mistakes. 

I hope that it's happened, but it's pretty much an empty one. I would like to believe that he'll pick the guy that can take us to the top, but he's more and more not showing himself to really understand what needs to be done. 

It's up to him to prove he can lead a successful franchise and he's got a long way to go to make that happen.

I have been thinking about this (I know, shocking) a lot. And the one thing I can think of that may ease your pain is that Tepper has the best FO around him since he arrived. 

I think a Consultant for the HC job is a must. But I also think that once you narrow the field. That is when the FO gets involved. As long as Tepper listens and rarely speaks, we just might make a good hire.

My one true hope is that our next Coach, whether it be Wilks or not, is that that Coach be willing and able to hit the ground running. Wilks has started a nice culture, I want that next HC to continue that. Not waste a year or more starting his own.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Edited by Gerry Green

52 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It happens whenever a 'big' team comes to town, regardless of how well the Panthers are doing.

PSLs are clearly just seen as investments by a large portion of our fanbase. Home field advantage is a myth in Charlotte.

Were you at the game Sunday? 

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

lots of people giving OP pushback for telling people not to sell the tickets. that’s not what he said. what he said was that if you sell your tickets, you are also giving up your grounds to bitch. if you give up on the team, you can’t complain about their performance. 

I’m glad someone had reading comprehension.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

No, I was at the Cardinals game, which is approximately 4k miles from my house.

Why do you ask?

I knew it, the answer is no. So many people who don’t go to the games need to comment on people who actually buy the tickets and tell them what they should do rather than do something about it themselves. 

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

lots of people giving OP pushback for telling people not to sell the tickets. that’s not what he said. what he said was that if you sell your tickets, you are also giving up your grounds to bitch. if you give up on the team, you can’t complain about their performance. 

I guess then that means if you don’t follow them to every road game you don’t get to complain either because you’re not there to disburse your energy to help the DBs cover receivers or explain to the coaches that the defensive line needs to maintain gap integrity and/or don’t have the QB run a draw on 3rd and 9. 

• Poo 1