• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “Maybe Not So Obvious” Elephant in the Room

WarHeel

2 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

This fan base has a knack for throwing just about everyone under the bus at times due to poor performance in game or failure to live up to expectations, from the owner and HC all the way down to the assistant coaching staff to the players. 

While I concur that this franchise seems to bathe in mediocrity,  I have to call the BS as I see it.

I received a text yesterday from a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan who said that the Bank looked like a Pittsburg home game. 

Wilks asked one thing of this fan base heading into our game against Pitt. SHOW UP…

Unfortunately I’m out of market these days as my duty station has me 10 hours from Charlotte so it’s nearly impossible for me to attend games unless I’m visiting family for the holidays.

Which leads me to my thesis. If you are within driving distance from CLT, let alone have season tickets, and are opting to sell them to out of market fans while you sit your fat, mouth breathing ass on your couch, I really don’t want to hear the bitching about the team losing at home. 

If you have the means: Show up. Show out. Support your team. 

The Bank should always be painted Black and Blue. 

Carry on, and Keep Pounding.

Fair weather city, with fair weather fans. We have always been known for our wide variety of wine and cheeses.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Fair weather city, with fair weather fans. We have always been known for our wide variety of wine and cheeses.

for one of the 3 most recent expansion teams that has never pulled off back to back winning seasons.....the Carolina Panthers have had some pretty could and consistent support from the community/fan base. 

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

I mean, we fired our HC and traded away CMC.

Can't blame anyone for selling their tickets after that.  Which they did.  

And probably months ago. This even happens in playoff years. You can pay half your season ticket price doing that. 

Just now, Snake said:

And probably months ago. This even happens in playoff years. You can pay half your season ticket price doing that. 

Yep, most of those tickets were sold long ago.  Sold when folks realized Tepper was going to waste a season bringing Rhule back.  Another round when Rhule was fired.  Another round when CMC was traded away. 

• Pie 3

I look at fandom completely different.

The only "voice" a season ticket holder has isn't his money, that's gone...it's what color he chooses to put in the seat.

I refuse to financially support this team an any way until they operate competently, and if I were a ticket holder this season you can bet your ass I'd have those seats full of opposing teams colors.

• Pie 2