• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Push To The Superbowl Panthers Lions GameDay Thread

Catsfan69

I honestly think that CMC leaving improved our offense.  He was just to much of a crutch for our coaches and qb's to lean on, and I fear that even with Rhule leaving, we would have tried to feed him too much. 

I am wondering if SF is falling into that trip.  In the last game, CMC had 23 carries and 8 targets.  I guess it was in part due to injury, but even so, that is a lot.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I honestly think that CMC leaving improved our offense.  He was just to much of a crutch for our coaches and qb's to lean on, and I fear that even with Rhule leaving, we would have tried to feed him too much.  

With how the OL is playing, I'm not sure that would have been a problem.  Until this game, we hadn't shown we could connect often enough over the top to sustain drives...

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The biggest change was Bozeman. 

Then getting Sam back.

He's not too big a crutch in SF with Debo out. 

We no longer have a home run hitter. He absolutely scores on those runs today and we will miss him in the playoffs. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Maybe, but using multiple backs and receivers makes a team so much harder to defend.

I don't know if using multiple backs really does in this circumstance - true Blackshear is very different from Hubbard/Foreman, but the other two mostly just seem to spell each other occasionally.

I think we would have seen an adoption of a similar scheme regardless of if CMC was here or not.

I do think he requested a trade though. I got the feeling he was actually one of the guy's in Rhule's corner.