• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Richardson certainly has all the tools but I am not sure if he will be as accurate as he needs to be to find success in the NFL.

However, a lot of people were asking the same question about Cam Newton when he was drafted and we know how great a draft pick he turned out to be.

I was at several of Cam's games at Auburn. Anthony Richardson is no Cam Newton -- but he doesn't have to be. He only needs to be good here. 

• Pie 1

I don't get the "Tepper is jerry jones" stuff.  Although it sounds like he told his GM/coach "we need a franchise QB to compete", presumably they also agreed, and the only time we know he disagreed with them he didn't overrule them (Fields).  It actually seems like he's staying largely hands off, football-wise, with the possible exception of orchestrating the Wilks hiring in case The Process failed. Which, given recent results, seems like an extremely intelligent decision.  Not sold on Wilks long-term, but hard to argue that he hasn't been a massive upgrade over Rhule.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

I'm wondering this, too.  I like AR because his ceiling is sky-high, but scouts all seem VERY high on Levis still. I suppose the question is if Levis is more Herbert or Z Wilson.

Interviews will be huge for AR and Levis.  If either of them have the Zack Wilson ego issue stay far away.  From what I've read both seem to be great locker room leaders.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Varking said:

I’d love for Levis to go #1. It would destroy mock drafts and cause chaos and I would love to see it. 

I remember the stats vs like opponents you are aware of but does it bother you AR15 was a 54 % passer this season?  Levis was at 65 % and I would say he didn’t played very well but his OL was a disaster.

Levis isn’t a statue by any stretch either athletically.  You may not like him but he definitely has interesting skills as well

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yes. It has been reported several times that Tepper lets his hires run things pretty much as they see fit. We've also seen it in action on draft night. Furthermore, no one here has presented any credible evidence that Tepper meddles. None! That's not to say that he won't ever do it, especially after the miserable  Rhule era, but so far there is no indication that he's a meddlesome owner. If Tepper was some meddling owner as has been incorrectly stated here, we would have Justin Fields, point blank and period!

The "rockstar" OC stuff from last offseason and making Rhule bring in new coaches wasn't meddling?

25 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The "rockstar" OC stuff from last offseason and making Rhule bring in new coaches wasn't meddling?

We don't know the exact details of this so it's possible that he was meddling, but there's absolutely an important role for owners in making sure that new coaches are being smart about hires. On top of that, it's hard to argue Rhule was somehow being handicapped or forced to do specifically what Tepper wanted.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We don't know the exact details of this so it's possible that he was meddling, but there's absolutely an important role for owners in making sure that new coaches are being smart about hires. On top of that, it's hard to argue Rhule was somehow being handicapped or forced to do specifically what Tepper wanted.

What we do know is that Rhule fired some of his people and Brady, then hired people he didn't have any real connections to. From what we've seen of Rhule's time with the Panthers, that is not the sort of thing he would have done voluntarily and is out of character. We also know there was only one person above Rhule at that time since Fitt was answering to Rhule then, and that means Tepper. So, based off Rhule's character and actions, yeah, I would say Tepper meddled. Now, is that meddling a good or bad thing? Depends on your point of view.

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

What we do know is that Rhule fired some of his people and Brady, then hired people he didn't have any real connections to. From what we've seen of Rhule's time with the Panthers, that is not the sort of thing he would have done voluntarily and is out of character. We also know there was only one person above Rhule at that time since Fitt was answering to Rhule then, and that means Tepper. So, based off Rhule's character and actions, yeah, I would say Tepper meddled. Now, is that meddling a good or bad thing? Depends on your point of view.

Rhule had a connections to McAdoo and I think past posts suggested most of the staff - Wilks may have been Tepper's suggestion.  McAdoo was actually someone that a poster here (Maybe Mr. Scot?) had pointed out as a very likely OC candidate based on connection to connection to Rhule and the likelihood of not dipping back into college folks.

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Rhule had a connections to McAdoo and I think past posts suggested most of the staff - Wilks may have been Tepper's suggestion.  McAdoo was actually someone that a poster here (Maybe Mr. Scot?) had pointed out as a very likely OC candidate based on connection to connection to Rhule and the likelihood of not dipping back into college folks.

So Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon counts as connections? Just because you know a guy that knows a guy doesn't mean you know or have good relations with the guy your guy knows.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Tepper just can’t win for losing with most of y’all. You bitch about Tepper hiring Rhule who turned out to suck, and then you bitch about Tepper telling Rhule he needed to make some changes because, you know, he sucks. You’re right. It is ludicrous for an owner to tell his sucky coach to suck less. Sheesh.

Nevermind the guy has over a billion dollars invested in this team. 

• Pie 1