• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

Look, we all need to pray that Tepper makes the right hire, and that the new coach in collaboration with Fitterer knows what the hell they're doing.

That being said, If Fitterer and the new coach like Levis, then depending upon how the draft goes, maybe we'll take a swing. Tepper's modus operandi, thus far, doesn't include a gun to his hirelings' heads or arm twisting.

We don't know for sure regardless. If your only argument as to why he does not meddle at all is that Justin Fields is not a Panther then it's flimsy. In truth If Tepper didn't meddle we never would have wasted 3 years with that fraud Matt Rhule. Tepper could have hired someone knowledgeable all along to navigate that process to identify the right candidate with NFL level coaching experience. Instead he heard a hot name and hopped on his jet with Marty Hurney and got sold a pack of lies and gorged on delicious meatballs and fell in love with a candidate because he reminded him of himself. Sounds like a meddler.

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You can go back and forth all you want about QBs and pretend to know whether he will be good or not.  QBs are creatures of their environment, and until the environment is set, you just don't know.  Levis had a bad OL at KY and his skill players were not good, but we are going to compare him to QBs from Ohio State and Alabama.  Its a crap shoot.

It's also important that they land on the right team that can develop them. Once they get in the nfl their college exploits do not matter anymore.  They start from square one in this league.  If they don't land in the right situation then their chances of success are almost nill.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

And at this point, we know nothing about the future OC/staff of the Panthers.  I’m of the opinion that OC (scheme) and staff (development) are 50% of the success or failure of any QB that we may draft, in any round.  

It's probably closer to 70% of their chances for success in the nfl.

On 12/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, TheCasillas said:

It has already been reported from insiders that Tepper lets the football people make the decisions. He is just included in the discussions. He isnt running the franchise like a dictator, and he even said in his presser that he doesnt want to be the guy making picks for the football team. That's why he hired Fitt.

Don’t let reality get in the way of some good old fashioned righteous indignation!

10 hours ago, frankw said:

We don't know for sure regardless. If your only argument as to why he does not meddle at all is that Justin Fields is not a Panther then it's flimsy. In truth If Tepper didn't meddle we never would have wasted 3 years with that fraud Matt Rhule. Tepper could have hired someone knowledgeable all along to navigate that process to identify the right candidate with NFL level coaching experience. Instead he heard a hot name and hopped on his jet with Marty Hurney and got sold a pack of lies and gorged on delicious meatballs and fell in love with a candidate because he reminded him of himself. Sounds like a meddler.

That doesn't sound like a meddler, it sounds like am owner of a football team hiring an HC, which is customary and their right, to be perfectly honest.

Meddling is trying to be the HC/GM yourself, and running roughshod over the people that you hired to do the jobs and essentially neutering them by undermining their authority.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

That doesn't sound like a meddler, it sounds like am owner of a football team hiring an HC, which is customary and their right, to be perfectly honest.

Meddling is trying to be the HC/GM yourself, and running roughshod over the people that you hired to do the jobs and essentially neutering them by undermining their authority.

Well whatever you want to call it let's both hope he learned a big lesson going forward.

Do not want. Same age as Darnold. Darnold is actually better than him. Yes, I know, that's not saying much. But that makes the point that wasting a high pick on this guy instead of drafting a key guy in another position with that draft pick will just hinder this team more than help. IF it isn't CJ or Young, everyone else is comparable to or worse than what we have at QB in the roster. 

5 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Do not want. Same age as Darnold. Darnold is actually better than him. Yes, I know, that's not saying much. But that makes the point that wasting a high pick on this guy instead of drafting a key guy in another position with that draft pick will just hinder this team more than help. IF it isn't CJ or Young, everyone else is comparable to or worse than what we have at QB in the roster. 

All things considered darnold is not better then Levis as an nfl prospect.  

• Pie 1