• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Good Ol' Sam Appreciation

TheCasillas

31 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just can’t trust this team. I still feel the shoe will drop. We were really bad against actual playoff teams. If we face the Niners or Eagles it will likely be a blowout. Niners defense is made to destroy QBs like Darnold. 

I don't trust them at all, except that I trust them to make it interesting....which is a vast upgrade from what we've had for a few years 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I would rather have a team that deserved to make the playoffs and Super Bowl. Not a team that lucked its way in because its division is poo. 
The 2014 when they made the playoffs they were playing like the 2013 team at that point because they were finally healthy, for the most part. They were a 12-4 team trapped in a 7-8-1 team. 
That team could have made the Super Bowl and deserved to make the playoffs, imo. 
This team does not. But if people want to live in fantasy land more power to them. I prefer to live in reality. 

If they make the playoffs, they will have earned it 

not many teams get rid of their head coach after 5 games and arguably on of the top 3 players in the league and be where they are 

they can’t help the state of the division.  They have to play the ball enter it lays

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

If they make the playoffs, they will have earned it 

not many teams get rid of their head coach after 5 games and arguably on of the top 3 players in the league and be where they are 

they can’t help the state of the division.  They have to play the ball enter it lays

In a better division they would already be out of the playoffs. So no I disagree they did not earn a spot in the playoffs and this team definitely does not deserve to make it. 
It just irritates me when people on this board actually think we can beat the Vikings, Cowboys, Eagles or Niners. The talent gap between us and all those teams is monumental. 
Also if somehow this team flukes it way into the Super Bowl we would get destroyed by the Bengals, Chiefs or Bills. 
If we make it to the playoffs cool. But I wish people would stop acting like this team has any chance of actually doing something in the playoffs. 
Whoever faces us gets a free win and we get a participation trophy. 
Whoop Dee Friggen Doo

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

10 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

In a better division they would already be out of the playoffs. So no I disagree they did not earn a spot in the playoffs and this team definitely does not deserve to make it. 
It just irritates me when people on this board actually think we can beat the Vikings, Cowboys, Eagles or Niners. The talent gap between us and all those teams is monumental. 
Also if somehow this team flukes it way into the Super Bowl we would get destroyed by the Bengals, Chiefs or Bills. 
If we make it to the playoffs cool. But I wish people would stop acting like this team has any chance of actually doing something in the playoffs. 
Whoop Dee Friggen Doo

The Super Bowl part likely won’t happen (hard to get there and win with even great teams), but I’d love to see you be wrong, even for this team to a win a playoff game, and let this post live on the internet. Let’s hope you’re the reverse omen the team needs. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Whoop Dee Friggen Doo

First off, who is acting like this team has a chance of going to the SuperBowl? 🤔

Show me this poster so I can point and laugh.  

Now that said, whomever wins the division gets a home game AGAINST THE COWBOYS.

And for them, we are a Bad Matchup.   

Our Run game will literally run them over and out of the building, should we get that far (get into the playoffs). 

Edited by glenwo2

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

First off, who is acting like this team has a chance of going to the SuperBowl?

Show me this poster so I can point and laugh.  

Now that said, whomever wins the division gets a home game AGAINST THE COWBOYS.

And for them, we are a Bad Matchup.   

Our Run game will literally run them over and out of the building, should we get that far (and get into the playoffs). 

Yeah I actually don't think we would get blown out by Dallas if we make it that far IF:

-Sam keeps developing/playing smart

-McAdoo finds ways to get our receivers involved

-our D improves against the run or at least stays steady

I think we can run on the Cowboys, just not like we did the Lions. Dallas has a much better D overall, but their rushing D isn't their strength.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Whoop Dee Friggen Doo

Then…why do you bother being on this board and watching games  ?

you act like this is the first division to ever be this low…check the history …the Giants were not suppose to make  the playoffs or beat the Patriots 

the teams don’t set the teams in the divisions  or any stipulations  as far as threshold of wins.  The Panthers are playing the hand they hold 

I have long advocated getting rid of divisions and conferences and just do straight win / loss records but the nfl in its infinite wisdom doesn’t see it that way 

this team has not quit and they have every reason to and they haven’t   I’ll take that participation trophy every time as a PSL holder who pays to watch the product as I’ve seen Panthers teams that did quit and it wasn’t pretty 

btw. Fans may get a participation award for the playoffs but the players and coaches make extra money and bonus for doing it, So ya, ‘Whoop Dee Friggen Doo’

• Pie 2

Monumental. Man, go on. That is true at a couple of positions or groups maybe but no. 

This is not a Super Bowl team or really a bona fide contender but they are a much better team than started the season. Which is the way you want it.  
The CB situation looks like a big setback to me but still because of that running game I bet you a lot of teams would just as soon not draw them at this point. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Whoop Dee Friggen Doo

You are a miserable little man. If you have not noticed this team has won more than they've lost under Wilks.  So yes, they deserve to be in the dance. I've never seen anyone be upset over a win. You need to get your head right my friend. 

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  If only this team of misfits could be so lucky as to have Sam put it together and play at this level consistently.  But if they do get him to play at that level and get us to the nfccg you would be crazy to blow that up. You ride that wave until it crashes while you groom his replacement. 

[mic drop]

Edited by bythenbrs