• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's your offer to Chicago?

BrisbanePanther

15 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Self-explanatory. We saw both Young and Stroud play big final games. If we want one of them, Chicago's phone is taking calls. What's your offer that convinces them to accept?

There's surely 2 1sts involved. What's the sweetener?

Nothing. I would love for Young or Stroud to fall to us but we've been giving up draft picks for years. Time to build.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No roster is ever perfect. You're always going to have needs and spots you'd like to upgrade.

yeah I know but let's wait on this kind of all in draft move till we closer to a complete roster.  give Wilks a contract and two years to implement HIS plan.  

19 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

yeah I know but let's wait on this kind of all in draft move till we closer to a complete roster.  give Wilks a contract and two years to implement HIS plan.  

We're not likely to ever be completely there. We'll start every year thinking we're strong at a position, then at the end of the year see it as a weakness due to injuries or players not panning out or free agency. We've had holes basically since 1995 and have spent years plugging them and only twice was that for a QB in the first round. The only teams in recent history that were truly strong at all positions but QB (true "only a QB away") were SF and the Rams...and those teams have largely used their draft picks as trade currency to get there.

2016: St. Louis Rams trade the No. 15 overall pick, two 2016 second-round picks, a 2016 third-round pick, a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2017 third-round pick for the No. 1 pick in 2016 (Jared Goff), and a fourth- and a sixth-round pick in 2016.

In 2012, the Washington [redacted] traded three first-round picks and a second-round pick to the St. Louis Rams to move up from No. 6 to No. 2 to select Robert Griffin III. In 2021, the 49ers traded the No. 12 overall pick, and two future first-round picks to the Miami Dolphins to move up to No. 3 to draft Trey Lance.

NBC Sports

I could see it in a year with a Trevor Lawrence or a Andrew Luck or Cam Newton. I will also say it would be better to trade up for Young or Stroud rather than take Anthony Richardson at 9. That's right we are back to 9 now. tankathon

22 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Self-explanatory. We saw both Young and Stroud play big final games. If we want one of them, Chicago's phone is taking calls. What's your offer that convinces them to accept?

There's surely 2 1sts involved. What's the sweetener?

Chicago will be taking a QB at 2. Their QB situation is worse than the Panthers. Justin Fields can’t throw the ball. QBs have to throw the ball. I’ll certainly acknowledge his situation sucks, but Fields is horrendous. Panthers have made plenty of mistakes, but passing on Fields was the right call.