• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Bye Wilks

56 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Playing for the season and your job and he doesn’t go for it on 4th and 1 twice. Then I hear he’s telling his players to be aggressive. Clearly not head coach material, not even sure if he should be a DC. 

He shouldn't.  He was bad at it here, he got a HC job based on the insane talent we had (same way Rivera kept his job 7 years too long and got another one).  When Wilks was our DC before the defense regressed from McDermott because Wilks calls soft bitch defense that even the talent on those mid teens Panthers teams couldn't excel in like they had before.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

26 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I like Wilks. Just want an offensive minded guy in here. I thought that's what Rhule was when he was hired. Heck maybe he was. I still have no idea what his specialty was. 

Rhules specially is BS artist. Nebraska fans have already bought in. Wilks is a good DB coach.  Not even sure he is a good DC 

• Pie 1

Wilks did a fine job and I still have plenty of concerns with David Tepper and his ownership but I don’t blame him at all for wanting a progressive offensive mind. Reality is Wilks conservatism changed that game today. I understand we were short handed but that game could have ended entirely different had we gone for those fourth and inches to prolong a couple of those drives early. There’s a chance you hire a dud obviously but sometimes you have to roll the dice. I was even kind of selling myself on Wilks because I didn’t trust us to hire anyone better but I realize now that’s a losers mentality. Go get Steichen and make an aggressive move for a young QB

58 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Take Fitt, Ben, Sam, and Burns with you

Of those 4, surprisingly, Sam was the least of the Panthers problems this season. 

He also had his best game offensively today which against any other team, would've resulted in a win.

Unfortunately our Defense or rather -EFENSE couldn't stop a nosebleed today.

I would Jettison whomever the DC was along with Wilks.  

Sam, I would at least consider keeping around just as a solid backup or bridge.  

• Pie 2