• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Some of them may have been expecting positive news about the player, or may have just been waiting for lots to empty etc... don't judge the fans in this circumstance.

Yeah but it's still a bad look 'cause we don't know that's why they're sitting and waiting.

I would like to think that is why they're doing so but....it just looks bad when other fans are leaving and they're just still sitting there not moving an inch until the PA tells them it's over. 

It just rubs me the wrong way in a situation like this.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Goodell. The NFL's policy on these situations has already been posted. It's his call.

Okay cool.  Who is relaying him the info?  How reliable is the info?  Who does goddell call to cancel the game? 

There are just so many variables its crazy.  Like I said I doubt the nfl has a protocol on how this works.  I would love to bash the nfl on any and everything but all things considered taking control of this situation 30ish minutes after the fact is pretty damn good

Now if you want to bash them for not having a plan in place if someone dies on the field then yeah thats a totally different argument but for tonight they did what they could

• Pie 2

Just now, Captroop said:

Nah this is peak Bayless. A scorching hot take, that will not become its own entity and bring even more attention to himself, his show, and big surprise his network which is Fox. Bayless is now apart of the incident. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

who makes the call?  I know your frustration but its simply not that easy when you are dealing with an organization as big as the nfl

Goodell makes the call. You could see the players faces. This wasn't just concern. These guys were visibly shaken, some probably traumatized. It's too much to ask of any of them to go back out and play a game. Making them warm up. C'mon. A teammate, a colleague, a friend could have just died on the field for all they know and they can't decide if they need to continue in under 60 seconds? Gotta be better than that. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It’s f*cking horrible. He might be alive but he was given CPR for almost 10 minutes meaning that’s 10 minutes his brain and other organs might have not been getting oxygen. Being intubated means a host of other pathogens can get into your body in an already weakened state. It’s so awful and am praying for that man and his family. This is just terrible. 

Hopefully, he received the CPR quick enough and for long enough to keep his O2 levels up.

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Yeah but it's still a bad look 'cause we don't know that's why they're sitting and waiting.

I would like to think that is why they're doing so but....it just looks bad when other fans are leaving and they're just still sitting there not moving an inch until the PA tells them it's over. 

This kind of thing was tragic and a shock to everyone.  People everywhere are stunned. Not going to say how anyone should have reacted.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

only because the players/coaches refused to play. or that's how the NFL has now made this look. which is absolutely pathetic.

They weren’t going to let them continue play. I’m sure they called down to let the coaches know the protocol (if there even is a protocol for this). It just took a minute to go down the latter to let the broadcasters know the procedure. 

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

This kind of thing was tragic and a shock to everyone.  People everywhere are stunned. Not going to say how anyone should have reacted.

You're probably right.

Still just saying how I see it.

No one has to agree with it nor am I telling people here that my viewpoint is right. 

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I think we are all in a bit of shock and reacted strongly in various ways. But the fans in the stadium, even more than us, are likely in an extreme state of confusion and shock given what they saw live.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

They weren’t going to let them continue play. I’m sure they called down to let the coaches know the protocol (if there even is a protocol for this). It just took a minute to go down the latter to let the broadcasters know the procedure. 

I mean the coaches actually did have to intervene to prevent the officials from warming the players up and returning to the field.

Then we had to wait how long for anything close to an official announcement?

Really fuged up response IMO.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1