• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Schedule Options After Last Night

Sgt Schultz

11 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

In 2012 Javon Belcher stayed up all night drinking with prostitutes, murdered his girlfriend in front of his mom, drove to the practice facility, and shot himself in the head in front of teammates, the GM, and Romeo Crennel in the player parking lot.

The next day they played us. They were 2-10 and we were 3-9.

I would not consider these 2 really comparable. Most people don't morn murderers as much as random victims of life fugging them. 

The fact it isn't known, at least not publicly, what went down and how only adds to the situation and why they are not playing this week. Those teams are shook and the NFL's handling of it only made it worse. 

The Cheifs won that game and stopped an 8 game losing streak. It looks like that had the opposite affect that this had on the teams. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And even that is far from perfect. Now every team in the playoffs gets a bye week before the first round  except for the Bills and Bengals. And honestly if you're a team with a bye I'm not sure if you want to sit for three weeks. That's a lot of time between games.

That was the reason I was thinking the NFC playoffs start as planned and they take the bye before the NFCC rather than up front.  But, that leaves open the possibility that KC winds up with two weeks off if they wind up as the AFC #1 seed.

This is one of those situations that the best option is the least bad of the available options. 

If somehow, somebody can figure out a solution that puts the screws to the Bucs or Cowboys, I am all in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I was trying to think if there was any scenario where the game has no seeding implications based on the outcomes of week 18 and I don't think so. If Cincinatti loses to Baltimore, then obviously Cincy has to beat Buffalo to win the division. If Cincy beats Baltimore, they could jump to a 2 seed with a Buffalo loss or even the 1 seed if both KC and Buffalo lose in week 18 by beating Buffalo. If Buffalo and KC both win in week 18, then Buffalo would have the 1 seed/1st round bye in play by beating Cincinnati. There is literally no outcome that won't be affected by that game. Which is unfortunate because I'm sure most would prefer it be cancelled otherwise. Getting back on that field after witnessing such a tragic event has to be awful.

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And even that is far from perfect. Now every team in the playoffs gets a bye week before the first round  except for the Bills and Bengals. And honestly if you're a team with a bye I'm not sure if you want to sit for three weeks. That's a lot of time between games.

I agree to a extent. I think the players would totally understand though if that were the case. Because I dont think this only shocked the Bengals and Bills but everybody in the NFL are shocked by this. Yes its a freak accident but now its in the back of every players mind.

Man, I come to this site to mostly spew bullshit and dumbness.  And this thread of real bullshit and dumbness of legit ways the NFL could handle this makes me sad to be a part of you.  A young man is literally laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and yall are worried about tie breakers and fantasy football.  Yall some fuging idiots for sure. @Zod shoudlve deleted this from the jump.

If your Zac Taylor, there is no way you ask the Bills to replay this game.  You take the seeding you get and you go win the games you get drawn.  Anything else is cowardly, disrespectful and bullshit.  

Edited by JVic
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, JVic said:

Man, I come to this site to mostly spew bullshit and dumbness.  And this thread of real bullshit and dumbness of legit ways the NFL could handle this makes me sad to be a part of you.  A young man is literally laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and yall are worried about tie breakers and fantasy football.  Yall some fuging idiots for sure. @Zod shoudlve deleted this from the jump.

If your Zac Taylor, there is no way you ask the Bills to replay this game.  You take the seeding you get and you go win the games you get drawn.  Anything else is cowardly, disrespectful and bullshit.  

There’s people laying in hospital beds all the time the sad fact is life goes on. There’s a billion dollar industry that provides incomes for countless people. There’s probably people that get payed by hour that work at the stadium and surrounding infrastructure that are short because of this accident and who knows how that affects their families. 

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

I would not consider these 2 really comparable. Most people don't morn murderers as much as random victims of life fugging them. 

The fact it isn't known, at least not publicly, what went down and how only adds to the situation and why they are not playing this week. Those teams are shook and the NFL's handling of it only made it worse. 

The Cheifs won that game and stopped an 8 game losing streak. It looks like that had the opposite affect that this had on the teams. 

Yeah, but one of those is wildly more traumatic.

Like watching someone blow their brains out in front of you.

I do agree with his general point. I don't think these players are so traumatized they are incapable of playing. 

That's why some of these suggestions in here have been so laughable. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, JVic said:

There's a thread (the main thread) on him, his health, and is an avenue for you to post to all of us that you are giving thoughts and prayers. Someone who cared made this thread for those that ponder how the injury might affect the season so that they don't mar that main thread. Relax.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, JVic said:

In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds. Every year, about 805,000 people in the United States have a heart attack. Of these, 605,000 are a first heart attack.Oct 14, 2022

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, but one of those is wildly more traumatic.

Like watching someone blow their brains out in front of you.

I do agree with his general point. I don't think these players are so traumatized they are incapable of playing. 

That's why some of these suggestions in here have been so laughable. 

I get that but it was infront of the coach and GM in the parking lot the day before the game right? And not on the field mid game. It's 2 different kinds of trauma, add in the circumstances and it chages the dynamics of the trauma and coping process even more. Both are awful but on different spectrums.

I think they were shook and then pissed off on how it was handled so they galvanized around that in the coping process and the NFL lost their control on the situation.

I agree that some of the suggestions are a bit much. It was a scary injury but also looked like a freak injury.