• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9th pick set in stone

t96

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

so uh do we just not talk about the draft until we hire a new coach or?

Not saying that we can’t discuss it. I’m saying that we don’t even know what the direction of this team will be would be yet, so I was phrasing the question what if the new coach doesn’t want a QB in this draft?

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Our WRs looked solid in some games and lost in others. That’s a scheming issue and falls on McAdoo. It’s not the best WR room, but it’s not a total weakness. We could use another solid WR, but most teams could…

Moore is absolutely held back by QBs (in addition to scheme). He's so used to being underthrown he slowed up when he was wide open on the first pass of the game, or catches that ball in stride for a TD.

Edited by mav1234

Just now, roaddog96 said:

Not saying that we can’t discuss it. I’m saying that we don’t even know what the direction of this team will be would be yet, so I was phrasing the question what if the new coach doesn’t want a QB in this draft?

Dude we are picking a qb in the first regardless of who the coach is.    

7 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

None of this pick talk matters until we get the coach hire. There are scenarios where a coach may not value any of these QB’s in the draft. What happens then? Will you be upset if someone like Steichen or Johnson (or whoever) says I want a veteran and will use the draft capital elsewhere?

uh you don’t hire that coach

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, roaddog96 said:

If the new coach doesn't want a quarterback, that only can mean the Panthers have signed Brady. Otherwise, it will mean we picked the wrong coach and we're in for another spin around loser circle, with maybe a short stop in mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Our WRs looked solid in some games and lost in others. That’s a scheming issue and falls on McAdoo. It’s not the best WR room, but it’s not a total weakness. We could use another solid WR, but most teams could…

And why we take the best WR on the board at #9.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Moore is absolutely held back by QBs (in addition to scheme). He's so used to being underthrown he slowed up when he was wide open on the first pass of the game, or catches that ball in stride for a TD.

At this point the emotional side of me thinks we should have just traded everyone and did a true rebuild.   It just feels now like we are doing half measures.   Not saying Moore isn’t good but when is he going to be able to truly contribute?  It’s not his fault

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He saved like 3 Sam picks during the Bucs game. He is a great WR. He has been getting 1000 yards with our terrible OCs and terrible QBs.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

That's a better question than to just say pointless to talk about draft yet!

I think HC is 100% more important than wherever we are drafting and likely more important than whomever we draft.

I think it is likely a HC will want a new QB. That probably means the draft. But maybe not, maybe it's signing Gardner Minshew (ugh).  We'll have a shot at a good player at 9 no matter what, especially with what appears to be a feeding frenzy for limited QBs. 

Other positions we could use help at (not necessarily first round value) - DE/edge, TE, LB, DT, CB, WR... Actually I would rather we find a new safety and a put Chinn in a different role...

Edited by mav1234