• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Panthers are interviewing Bills OC Ken Dorsey for their head coach vacancy.

Dorsey was promoted from QBs coach/passing game coordinator to offensive coordinator when Brian Daboll departed last year. Buffalo's offense was as dominant as ever under Dorsey, leading to his first interview for a head coaching gig. The interview will take place over the weekend. Dorsey got his start in coaching as the Panthers' quarterbacks coach in 2013. If he doesn't land the gig in Carolina this offseason, Dorsey will likely be a popular name in league circles next year.

Interesting that Dorsey will interview a day before his team plays the Bengals; not sure I'd be happy about that if I were a Bills fan...

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Really???

The guy is interviewing for another job the day before their playoff game??

That's very surprising in itself, but it also means 2 things to me... 

First is that it means Steichen is Tepper's favorite or he's setting up future interviews to try and leverage going another way over Payton/Saints negotiations.  As if Payton was the top target, I'd think Tepper would be trying to get it wrapped up ASAP and not drag into the weekend, so setting up a weekend interview would be weird.

Tepper's going to be in NY on Friday anyway for the Payton interview, easy enough to take the 1 hour flight from there to Buffalo to interview Dorsey. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. 

Edited by UNCrules2187

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Really???

The guy is interviewing for another job the day before their playoff game??

That's very surprising in itself, but it also means 2 things to me... 

First is that it means Steichen is Tepper's favorite or he's setting up future interviews to try and leverage going another way over Payton/Saints negotiations.  As if Payton was the top target, I'd think Tepper would be trying to get it wrapped up ASAP and not drag into the weekend, so setting up a weekend interview would be weird.

Its the Bill travel day... not sure why it would be an issue for him to do an interview....?

Just now, ladypanther said:

Just listened to a few minutes of Moving the Chains on Sirius while in my car.  Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan both said with the issues or questions on the teams who have openings, they think Payton would be better off saying no to everyone. Take a look again next year.

I honestly hope he does 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2