• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It does when a guy is demanding full control of your football operations. I think that's precisely why Tepper chatted with him and immediately decided no thanks on that. At least he seems to have learned his lesson from making that mistake previously.

It may be the case that Tepper has learned from his mistake, but I think you're making a rather large assumption that it was due to Harbaugh losing against TCU. And the full ramifications of that loss were not parsed out until last night when TCU sh*t the bed against Georgia, and that's well after Tepper has supposedly decided against Harbaugh.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Okay. I mean just a couple of years ago Michigan fans were ready to run him out of town because they sucked. 

Dude wants full control like Rhule. How you gonna go demand full control of an NFL team when the college team you couldn't beat just got the doors blown off of them by 8 (EIGHT!) touchdowns? 😂

I think you know that who beat who on different weeks doesn’t relate to the next week or month etc..

Michigan beat Ohio St

TCU beat Michigan. 

So that doesn’t mean TCU beats Ohio State.   I’m certainly not saying they couldn’t, but because TCU best Michigan doesn’t mean the best OSU by 20 etc. 

So having their worst game in years against UGA doesn’t mean they are awful. 

Harbaugh has had Michigan improve every year.  He seems to do that where ever he goes. . Off year every now and then, but in general he’s a winner at the highest levels.  From what little  we know, he doesn’t beat his wife, hang out in bars ( lap dancing lol ) etc .  

4 minutes ago, travisura said:

It may be the case that Tepper has learned from his mistake, but I think you're making a rather large assumption that it was due to Harbaugh losing against TCU. And the full ramifications of that loss were not parsed out until last night when TCU sh*t the bed against Georgia, and that's well after Tepper has supposedly decided against Harbaugh.

That's not what I said. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's not what I said. 

I said "Transitive property does not apply in sports" to which you said "It does when a guy is demanding full control of your football operations". How am I not to read that as you saying that Tepper was affected by the transitive property of Michigan's wins and losses (ie how who they beat did, and how who they lost to did)? Seems like that's exactly what you're saying, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

11 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I think you know that who beat who on different weeks doesn’t relate to the next week or month etc..

Michigan beat Ohio St

TCU beat Michigan. 

So that doesn’t mean TCU beats Ohio State.   I’m certainly not saying they couldn’t, but because TCU best Michigan doesn’t mean the best OSU by 20 etc. 

So having their worst game in years against UGA doesn’t mean they are awful. 

Harbaugh has had Michigan improve every year.  He seems to do that where ever he goes. . Off year every now and then, but in general he’s a winner at the highest levels.  From what little  we know, he doesn’t beat his wife, hang out in bars ( lap dancing lol ) etc .  

They only look at loss record. TCU winning 5 games on miracle plays should have been a sign. The two INT for TDs, mich continuing to run up the middle and call dumbass plays near the goal line. Cost them the game. Game should have been 21 more points for much and 24 less points for tcu. 

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

That would be stupid and a waste of an interview, Leftwich is trash and that was proven this year after Arians left. Ryans, although defensive which is not ideal, is a legit fresh HC candidate who would not be a waste of an interview.

Not even just for the Rooney rule although it would satisfy it, I'd circle back to Eric Bieniemy. Mahomes and Reid are great but his contributions to making the Chiefs the number 1 offense after getting rid of Hill can't be ignored. He should be a sought after legit candidate.

Tepper already interviewed Bieniemy.

So has pretty much everybody else, and this time around nobody's asking.

There's a reason he's not a head coach right now.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I always confuse Tony pike and Mike Kafka for some reason

Was Kafka ever on the panthers roster? In training camp or anything?

Was ken Dorsey?

Kafka? No.

Dorsey? Don't think so. He spent a year as a scout though.

16 minutes ago, travisura said:

I said "Transitive property does not apply in sports" to which you said "It does when a guy is demanding full control of your football operations". How am I not to read that as you saying that Tepper was affected by the transitive property of Michigan's wins and losses (ie how who they beat did, and how who they lost to did)? Seems like that's exactly what you're saying, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

I didn't suggest the outcome of last night's game impacted Tepper's decision that was evidently made prior to last night's game. How you came up with that idea is baffling. I wasn't talking about the Panthers specifically but the NFL genetically. I thought that would've been obvious.

19 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I always confuse Tony pike and Mike Kafka for some reason

Was Kafka ever on the panthers roster? In training camp or anything?

Was ken Dorsey?

Neither Kafka nor Dorsey were on the roster during his playing days. Dorsey spent a year as a scout and 5 years as QB coach in Carolina though.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't suggest the outcome of last night's game impacted Tepper's decision that was evidently made prior to last night's game. How you came up with that idea is baffling. I wasn't talking about the Panthers specifically but the NFL genetically. I thought that would've been obvious.

Ironically enough...

🤔

• Beer 1