• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

He asked "how is the search going?" He didn't ask about Johnson, Tepper himself volunteered that information. You are being naive here. Tepper is about as simple minded as they come. He probably decided he wanted Johnson two months ago beacuse he's attracted to shiny objects. Again, nothing against the guy and I hope he does great but I just see a lot of parallels to the "process" we went through with Rhule and we all know how that worked out. 

Tepper is simple minded yeah I find that hard to believe 

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Tepper is simple minded yeah I find that hard to believe 

He fell hard for Matt Rhule like a 30-year-old virgin at a sorority party then proceeded to give him a contract that was about double the length and pay of what he should have received as an unproven college coach. His reasoning: Rhule sweats a lot and dresses like me and he used to be a fry cook.  Seems pretty well thought out to me. 

8 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

He fell hard for Matt Rhule like a 30-year-old virgin at a sorority party then proceeded to give him a contract that was about double the length and pay of what he should have received as an unproven college coach. His reasoning: Rhule sweats a lot and dresses like me and he used to be a fry cook.  Seems pretty well thought out to me. 

He’s a self made billionaire they don’t grow on trees 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Carolina Mike said:

Out of all the HC candidates which ones seem more likely to “play to win” not “play to not lose”?

Wilks is just fox and Rivera all over again. I’ll take an aggressive offense over the status quo .500

• Pie 4

Nobody but the Panthers is considering Wilks for any coaching opening. He’s mediocre and average at best. I know that’s kind of our thing around here, but it would be extremely refreshing to get away from conservative, defensive coaching.  Offense or bust. Johnson is my favorite but there’s a number of guys I’d be fine with. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1