• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’m not a fan of hiring a coordinator that has  never been an HC. It’s such a different role and level of responsibility. That’s just my feelings  and I know others are ready for that gamble. 

Literally Every coach was never a HC at some point. They eventually show enough to garner a HC position.

Retreads tend not to work out at roughly the same rate. Best thing a new HC can do is bring a former HC onto the staff to help provide insight and take some pressure off.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Literally Every coach was never a HC at some point. They eventually show enough to garner a HC position.

Retreads tend not to work out at roughly the same rate. Best thing a new HC can do is bring a former HC onto the staff to help provide insight and take some pressure off.

Spot on. In addition, interim coaches have a horrible track record!

36 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’m not a fan of hiring a coordinator that has  never been an HC. It’s such a different role and level of responsibility. That’s just my feelings  and I know others are ready for that gamble. 

This link from last year has some info on head coaching backgrounds and likelihood of success: 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/breakdowns/is-it-possible-to-predict-nfl-head-coach-success/#:~:text=Nearly all (89.3%) had,progressed to the NFL level.

According to their chart, a coach with 6-12 years of HC experience at the NFL level may average ~1 more win per season than those with no prior NFL HC experience. Negligible difference for those with 1-5 and 12+ years of NFL HC experience. 
C090CC26-4908-4563-99B0-AD7ECC621B5C.thumb.png.5d32ff6b5ceaef34cceff4ffe0fb1d09.png

If only Tepper had seen this article before Rhule. They found diminishing returns at the NFL level correlating to longer tenures as college HCs. 

• The D 1