• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not sure how Kafka isnt on on the fast track of interviews after yesterday

I am sure there is a team that is waiting for Kafka, but the other piece is always going to be asked "how much is Daboll vs Kafka?"

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

Just now, ECHornet said:

If Fangio is consulting for the Eagles as one poster mentioned, and the Eagles DC is rumored to be leading for the Texans HC, doesn’t it make sense that he’d take that position if vacant?

It's rare for a team to replace a coordinator with a consultant. Majority of the time the next person up is the positions coach. Consultants dont serve time on the field coaching the players, they spend time coaching the coaches. Plus Dennard Wilson would be the natural replacement for Gannon.

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

If Fangio is consulting for the Eagles as one poster mentioned, and the Eagles DC is rumored to be leading for Texans HC, doesn’t it make sense that he’d take that position if vacant?

Also, consultants are actually tied to a contract that is not relatve to the teams outgoing budget to staff. This means that they are paid a flat fee or hourly. They are not salary based employees. So what Im alluding to is that Fangio may be a consultant, but he also may not be an employee of the philadelphia eagles. 

He could be brought in when needed and not at the team facilties 40-80 hours per week like the rest of the staff. 

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am sure there is a team that is waiting for Kafka, but the other piece is always going to be asked "how much is Daboll vs Kafka?"

Kafka was being groomed for the OC (and eventually the HC) role in Kansas City, but Bieniemy couldn't nail a HC interview so Kafka got sick of waiting and struck out to prove himself.

He's very, very highly thought of around the league.