• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

32 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I think Payton is playing us. I think he is going to be in Denver or maybe wait another year, using us for leveraging his contract. I hope Tepper will not give up a first round pick for him. 

After seeing the Miami coach vaping during their game that job will be open soon again I believe, if not this year next. Payton may wait on it even till next year. Remember there are several states with no state income tax, Florida, Tenn, and Nevada are among them. Not the biggest factor, but something to think about. 

Payton is coaching this year. Right now he has value. Two years removed and the Saints wouldn't get near the compensation.

34 minutes ago, KBRed said:

I don’t want him because of Bountygate, being scum, and looking like a butthole. But, we might have to sell our souls for a winning season at this point. 

It is no coincidence he left New Orleans when his quarterback retired. He left before his contract was up. After Bountygate and his one year suspension it turned a lot of people off.  

I've been in management for years now and the one constant question you get in a promotional-type of interview is "if you are considered for this position (a promotion) do you have  YOUR replacement named AND trained?"

Edited by 45catfan