• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

If we trade for Payton, we better be playing chess and have done some tampering to where we then lose the draft pick going to the Saints so they don't get it in the end.

(and yes, it's a joke, but one I thought was funny so I wanted to post it, but without being clear on it, I'm sure people would point out that the league would then take our 2025 pick from us instead, c'mon people).

Edited by tukafan21
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If we trade for Payton, we better be playing chess and have done some tampering to where we then lose the draft pick going to the Saints so they don't get it in the end.

(and yes, it's a joke, but one I thought was funny so I wanted to post it, but without being clear on it, I'm sure people would point out that the league would then take our 2025 pick from us instead, c'mon people).

I was just thinking that Payton would try to do a solid to his former organization and make sure they get good comp for him, but then I also think that him as a competitor is not gonna want to give something up that's gonna hinder his ability to win, especially to a division rival, even if it is his former employer.  So this will be interesting...  but as someone else said, it's entirely possible the asking price isn't the anticipated first rounder bc if NO makes it a haggle, Payton can always just decide to sit out another year snd they get nothing as his contract expires.

• Beer 2