• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer...

The longer things drag out with Payton, I think the more likely it becomes that he stays with Fox instead of coaching in 2023. Geography (meaning close to Los Angeles) and quarterback are most important to him, on top of the money, and I’m not sure there’s a place that sufficiently checks the box for him right now.

That could be true but it doesn't make that tweet any less stupid.  "I think" that he wouldn't be agreeing to more interviews, drawing the process out, if he wasn't coming back this year.  He would just say, na not interested in any job available right now and enjoy is TV gig but "I'm not sure"

Edited by HPPantherzfan

35 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are getting to this mountain via several levels of pure speculation. 

Just.....chill. Try and remain calm. 

Let the coaching search play out before we try and speculate about free agency and then the 2023 draft and then the offseason and then the preseason and then the regular season and then the postseason and then the 2024 offseason and then we can finally get to 2024 draft speculation.

Relax I’m only participating in this football conversation I’m not trashing anybody’s opinion or views..

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer...

The longer things drag out with Payton, I think the more likely it becomes that he stays with Fox instead of coaching in 2023. Geography (meaning close to Los Angeles) and quarterback are most important to him, on top of the money, and I’m not sure there’s a place that sufficiently checks the box for him right now.

It certainly wouldn't break my heart if Payton stays with Fox and saves the Panthers the draft choices required to get him. 

After everything is considered, I personally feel Steichen would actually be the best choice as the Panthers next HC.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

That could be true but it doesn't make that tweet any less stupid.  "I think" that he wouldn't be agreeing to more interviews, drawing the process out, if wasn't coming back this year.  He would just say, na not interested in any job available right now and enjoy is TV gig but "I'm not sure"

Kaye said It doesn't sound like he's all in on Carolina.

And yes, he could do all of this and still decide to go back to TV.

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm going to lock this thread at some point tonight and get a part 2 going. Too much crap to sift through over 187 pages. 

Sounds good 

Maybe use one primarily for tweets and updates and start a second one for discussion

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It's funny that fans have convinced themselves that Steichen is the target. There is literally nothing substantial in terms of reporting that seems to back this claim up. All wild speculation.

We are just as likely to hire Frank Reich as we are Stiechen at this point.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2