• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It would make sense to create some threads dedicated to the candidates, instead of one 250-page thread.

Planning on it, but this year's search comes at a busy time for me.

Mind you, I'm not the only person who can create such threads.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

There’s only 5 openings and he’s obviously not a candidate in Indy. He’s interviewing here and hasn’t been mentioned as a possibility in Denver (sounds like one of Payton, Harbaugh, or Quinn), Arizona (Vance Joseph or Payton), or Houston (reports than Jonathan Gannon is early favorite and all their interview requests are young guys e.g. Steichen, Johnson, Ryans). I don’t think he’s getting a HC gig unless he blows Tepper away. 

I think the Rams will be open and Chicago is 50/50, but that's me spitballing.

You may be right, with Tepper's bank roll Reich may come here as OC.  Of course, if one of the younger guys get the HC job their philosophies will have to mesh.  If it's Ryans or Wilks who gets the job Reich makes more sense.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

It really doesn't, especially given how OSU performed against Georgia.  I think the idea was "Michigan is fools gold" but Georgia just took their game to a different stratosphere.

Have you heard a recording of Kirby Smarts pregame speech to his team? I can see why they steamrolled TCU now. Its a classic.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

but you're the best at it

Appreciated

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Listen, some people drink during the week.

Fair enough 😄

Case in point...

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep, neighbor is(was) TCU fan and had an oyster roast game party last night.  He is a bourbon guy and that poo is the devil the next day

detox incoming

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think the Rams will be open and Chicago is 50/50, but that's me spitballing.

You may be right, with Tepper's bank roll Reich may come here as OC.  Of course, if one of the younger guys get the HC job their philosophies will have to mesh.  If it's Ryans or Wilks who gets the job Reich makes more sense.

Reich is by all accounts a humble guy and has a lot of Charlotte ties.

Given Dorsey & Wilks have about 6 years of experience together, there may be something there that could be a package.  Then part of Panthers Nord returns to the QC.  It's like poetry as George Lucas would say.

Kafka is pretty interesting and I really didn't see that coming.

Ben Johnson is undoubtedly as well.  

I think those may be my top three scenarios in no particular order.  I thought Shane Waldron would get looks but that's been quiet.  Dan Quinn could call up Bevell & Bradley and get the old Seattle crew back together, but I'm unsure if I'd want that; certainly interesting.