• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

This thread would be a lot better if all of the hc updates were contained in the OP

That'd require a mod. It took days for them all to be revealed, and you can only edit a post for about 5 minutes. Hell, we're still waiting on at least one more.

You can find the current list here though...

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That'd require a mod. It took days for them all to be revealed, and you can only edit a post for about 5 minutes. Hell, we're still waiting on at least one more.

You can find the current list here though...

Thx, figured to aggregate everything with fun photos and all.  Didn't have time for extensive blurbs but I figure that type of info could be broken out separately.

14 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Thx, figured to aggregate everything with fun photos and all.  Didn't have time for extensive blurbs but I figure that type of info could be broken out separately.

I'm planning on doing individual profiles, but it caught me at a busy time personally.

Should probably have at least some of them up next week.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

Wilks won’t stay if he is not hired as HC. If he does I would lose all respect for him. 

Is that really a prudent decision on his part?  I brought this question up to KB on the radio, and he agreed with you saying, and I quote, "I'd leave the room flipping the double bird"

Wilks has been bouncing around the country since he was fired from the Arizona job.  At what point would he like security and normalcy in his life/career?  Additionally, outside of the pride aspect, if he truly believes in the Panthers and the players on this team would a move to DC/Assistant HC really be a demotion?

Initially, it would be a tough pill to swallow, but he began the year as the DB coach.  Raheem Morris did an commendable job in Atlanta, but then was uprooted to LA to take on the role of DC.

If Wilks is not getting any calls to interview as a HC this cycle where does that leave him going forward?  Being a DC/Assistant HC may not be a bad get.  If he stays around for a bit in that role I could easily see him getting a front office position in player development/mentoring even if there is a regime change, solidifying his future in his home town.  Odd take, I know, but as a middle aged warrior myself I know the value of being close to home.

Personally, I'd like to see Wilks HC/ Riech OC / young up and comer as passing game coordinator/QB coach

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

We cannot interview any of those 3 candidates (Dorsey/Moore/Kafka) this week. This week you can only interview currently employed external candidates virtually if they are not in the playoffs or have a Wild Card bye. Starting next week after the Wild Card round and prior to the divisional games on 1/22, we can conduct in-person or virtual interviews of candidates whose teams played on Wild Card weekend.

4 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

When can we interview the candidates who are currently employed by other NFL teams?

42 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Is that really a prudent decision on his part?  I brought this question up to KB on the radio, and he agreed with you saying, and I quote, "I'd leave the room flipping the double bird"

Wilks has been bouncing around the country since he was fired from the Arizona job.  At what point would he like security and normalcy in his life/career?  Additionally, outside of the pride aspect, if he truly believes in the Panthers and the players on this team would a move to DC/Assistant HC really be a demotion?

Initially, it would be a tough pill to swallow, but he began the year as the DB coach.  Raheem Morris did an commendable job in Atlanta, but then was uprooted to LA to take on the role of DC.

If Wilks is not getting any calls to interview as a HC this cycle where does that leave him going forward?  Being a DC/Assistant HC may not be a bad get.  If he stays around for a bit in that role I could easily see him getting a front office position in player development/mentoring even if there is a regime change, solidifying his future in his home town.  Odd take, I know, but as a middle aged warrior myself I know the value of being close to home.

Personally, I'd like to see Wilks HC/ Riech OC / young up and comer as passing game coordinator/QB coach

Not an odd take at all. I agree with you. 

It seems our owner wants a more progressive, offense-oriented head coach. That's not Wilks. If our owner stood up for Wilks and made sure he was given the DC role, that would indicate he is valued by the organization. It is still a promotion from where he started the year.

Now, if we choose a defensive-minded coach over Wilks, I'd consider leaving "the room flipping a double bird" if I were him. 

• Beer 1

If they are going to move away from Steve, move away

last thing needed here is buddy Ryan and Mike dikta situation 

not saying  Wilks would not do that but players might 

if they want defense go Demeco

i love Wilks but some things in the Tampa game really bothered me…a game they had everything to gain and nothing to lose 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1