• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper should be inquiring about McVay

t96

There's so much smoke here with McVay that I think it would be a huge mistake to not at least check in on the situation. McVay is no doubt an elite offensive minded HC, exactly what we're looking for and need. Mixed reports on him wanting to take time off/actually retire and go into broadcasting or if he sees the writing on the wall for the Rams with Stafford's health/age, their cap situation and all the picks they gave up to go all in for last year. If his current hemming and hawing is the latter, we should be going all out trying to trade for him and convince him to want to continue to build his legacy here. Odds are he is considering a legit retirement but if there's any chance he just wants out of LA and would coach for another team we should be trying to be in the mix. Just my opinion...

• Poo 4

He's got a Super Bowl ring, lovely new wife, established his own coaching tree, has a great spot in LA, and could make $15 mil+ EASY annually working for Fox Sports as a coaching out.  Being a year younger than him, if I put myself in his shoes, there's no feasible amount of money that could send me elsewhere out of that setup.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He's got a Super Bowl ring, lovely new wife, established his own coaching tree, has a great spot in LA, and could make $15 mil+ EASY annually working for Fox Sports as a coaching out.  Being a year younger than him, if I put myself in his shoes, there's no feasible amount of money that could send me elsewhere out of that setup.  

amazon offered him 100 million/5 years last year

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me If he were.

He's likely set for life and as of right now has legend status. Why come back and endanger that?

Look what Gruden did to his rep.

Because they are highly competitive people and that guy specifically is.

Gruden didn't ruin his reputation on the field. Dan Snyder leaking his emails ruined his reputation. If McVay has mildly suspect emails floating out there that someone wants to release, it will torpedo his TV career more easily than his coaching career.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Because they are highly competitive people and that guy specifically is.

Gruden didn't ruin his reputation. Dan Snyder leaking his emails ruined his reputation. If McVay has mildly suspect emails floating out there that someone wants to release, it will torpedo his TV career more easily than his coaching career.

I get that, and I could definitely see him coming back. I can just also see a scenario where he wouldn't.

As far as Gruden, I'm talking less about the emails that I am about the sh-tty job he did.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, and I could definitely see him coming back. I can just also see a scenario where he wouldn't.

As far as Gruden, I'm talking less about the emails that I am about the sh-tty job he did.

He didn't get fired for his record, so that really isn't at all pertinent.

I don't think anyone was left with the "he ruined his legacy" impression over anything he did on the field. 

He was viewed as a marginally above average head coach, at best.