• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

17 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

What some fans continue to fail to understand is if we get Payton then QB play here will be fine regardless of who is under center. His system is that good.
We’ve got the the Defense. All the pieces are in place.

It's hard to really know since Brees was never out for enough time during Payton's entire HC career to really see if this is true.    

Could've just been a really good HC-QB marriage where neither could have really done what they accomplished together on their own.  Takes two to tango.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

It's hard to really know since Brees was never out for enough time during Payton's entire HC career to really see if this is true.    

Could've just been a really good HC-QB marriage where neither could have really done what they accomplished together on their own.  Takes two to tango.

At least it’s proven unlike Steichen or Kafka or whoever 

Just now, Pantherzilla91 said:

At least it’s proven unlike Steichen or Kafka or whoever 

What's proven? That Brees and Payton work well together? Sure. 

How does Payton do with a new guy? And in a changing NFL landscape?  There's still some pretty major risk, add in giving up big draft capital.

• Pie 3

57 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

What some fans continue to fail to understand is if we get Payton then QB play here will be fine regardless of who is under center. His system is that good.
We’ve got the the Defense. All the pieces are in place.

That's a qualification I'd agree to if we were talking about Andy Reid.

I'm not sure that applies to Payton.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If we go Sean Payton and give up draft capital then I would hope that Derek Carr would look at the situation and see a good foundational roster (especially the O-Line and above average defense), relatively easy division, and probable Hall of Fame head coach and decide to come here to find that championship he said he is hungry for. If I was Payton I would already be talking to Carr to see what he is thinking because they could go somewhere together. Some talking heads mentioned Tom Brady as the package deal QB but I would rather have Carr. If Payton can get Carr looking like the potential league MVP from a few years back then I would love to see what they could do together.

If Panthers were to cough up the #9 pick this year for Payton then they shouldn't give up anything else period. You could look at Derek Carr as our first round pick, and he would be better than any of the guys coming out this year, at least over the next couple years. Let Corral keep developing.

IMO

I’d prefer Shane Steichen as head coach! There is several different coaches that would make a good OC’s: Former HC’s, up and comers, and current/former OC’s. Some DC candidates: Vic Fangio, Kris Richards, Sean Desai, etc.

The candidate of Mike Kafka is his KC Chief ties!

I hope our interview with Shane was a good one, and we interviewed Manuel & Fangio with consideration of hiring him.

I just don’t see SS in AZ, I have to imagine they want experience like maybe Quinn (+Bevell as OC) per reports, maybe Payton in DEN, HOU gets Gannon. And would Indy really want to try a guy that was mentored by the guy they just fired?

We’re honestly in a good spot if Steichen is the guy Dave wants.