• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a guy I wish we'd have interviewed

Bisaccia and Don Martindale were two guys I liked but didn't figure the Panthers would interview given their reported emphasis.

Weren't the Packers special teams horrible?  Or was that the previous year?

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know why anyone wants to see Peyton in Denver. I am very much enjoying them being a dumpster fire. Payton would dramatically improve them. 

I know we all hate the dude but he is a good NFL coach.

Zero chance I want to see him in Denver.

While watching the Broncos melt down after every loss is priceless, at some point I'd like to see a team other than KC win the AFCW.  Sean Peyton would make the Broncos immediately competitive.  Competitive divisional rivalries are what make the games entertaining.  Right now the AFCW is rather boring. 

23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

While watching the Broncos melt down after every loss is priceless, at some point I'd like to see a team other than KC win the AFCW.  Sean Peyton would make the Broncos immediately competitive.  Competitive divisional rivalries are what make the games entertaining.  Right now the AFCW is rather boring. 

I care nothing about the competition in that division. The Broncos will forever hold the 2nd most hated team spot behind the Pats for me.

Absolutely zero chance I want to see them succeed in my lifetime. Ever.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know why anyone wants to see Peyton in Denver. I am very much enjoying them being a dumpster fire. Payton would dramatically improve them. 

I know we all hate the dude but he is a good NFL coach.

Zero chance I want to see him in Denver.

Because I don't believe it goes as well as most assume? He hasn't been on top of his game for a while, other new coaches have surpassed him in quality over the years. He also left his team a mess and had zero good answers after Brees. Wilson is a great example of when things change drastically you can't just assume the player/coach will produce like they used to do. 

So yeah, I would love to see him in Denver. New owner, failing QB with a debilitating pay and Payton on his comeback tour? Sign me up. Sounds like a team that makes it to the playoffs and gets Buc'ed out at best. He isn't bad but I'm expecting 2019 Payton and not 2009.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Because I don't believe it goes as well as most assume? He hasn't been on top of his game for a while, other new coaches have surpassed him in quality over the years. He also left his team a mess and had zero good answers after Brees. Wilson is a great example of when things change drastically you can't just assume the player/coach will produce like they used to do. 

So yeah, I would love to see him in Denver. New owner, failing QB with a debilitating pay and Payton on his comeback tour? Sign me up. Sounds like a team that makes it to the playoffs and gets Buc'ed out at best. He isn't bad but I'm expecting 2019 Payton and not 2009.

If I had that confidence, sure. I don't.

I think he can make that team immediately competitive. Not Super Bowl winning, perhaps but a winning team.

I don't want to see that.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

If I had that confidence, sure. I don't.

I think he can make that team immediately competitive. Not Super Bowl winning, perhaps but a winning team.

I don't want to see that.

I haven't been worried about Payton for a while. He is smart but he has already succeeded and grown soft. Ron can get a team competitive, so could Wilks. Not good but competitive. If you can't beat that then you have bigger issues. 

Watching him go 8-9 would be fine for me but I would hope for the meltdown which is on the table given that situation. Wilson doesn't look salvageable and is also in his 'no longer hungry' phase.

As long as he isn't here I don't really care or fear him at all. I would be shocked to not see his best days long behind him. 

• Pie 1