• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 missed game winning kicks in one game

Day1PanthersFan

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

One could argue ..did it crash or is it coincidence that three of the astronauts that were on that shuttle have identical twins with different first names. And the others are still alive apparently..just older. Same names... teaching at universities. I wasn't even a year old but the story behind it is Wild. 

P.S.. I like Eddie ...but do we let Zane walk in favor of him? 

Welcome back venom!!!

Memes aside, one of the main reasons for the twins part was to compare each once the nasa twin returned. Theyve done it since and learned plenty.....one is no matter what you lose bone density. Who knows what type of serums they inject before headed into space now, but one is a must be high doses of HGH, calcium, and K2. Wolfs law could be used in determining a solution too.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Welcome back venom!!!

Memes aside, one of the main reasons for the twins part was to compare each once the nasa twin returned. Theyve done it since and learned plenty.....one is no matter what you lose bone density. Who knows what type of serums they inject before headed into space now, but one is a must be high doses of HGH, calcium, and K2. Wolfs law could be used in determining a solution too.  

That actually makes too much sense. I never really thought about it... my version is much more intriguing lol. Valid point. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

That has to be an NFL record, but since this fanbase thrives on meaningless victories, let's praise him for making normal kicks after 

Jon Kasay , one of our best and most reliable kickers in history,practically kicked us to the superbowl in 02,  was crucified for kicking out of bounds in the final moments of the superbowl, like those 20 yards would have made a difference to Brady and Welker against a tired D, but let's forgive a choke artist who got a 2nd chance and still missed , and how many games did we miss the div title by, that's right, 1, Gano would have made 1 of those kicks, what loser misses 2 game winning kicks in 1 game and keeps there job

In any organization with standards, Pinero would have been cut before he left the stadium 

It will be interesting to see how the kicking job plays out in training camp because Eddie Piñeiro wasn't the Panthers initial plan at kicker. He came in just before the season after Zane Gonzalez suffered a season-ending groin injury in the Panthers' preseason finale.

He finished the year 32-of-34 on field goal attempts, a 94.1 percentage that's the second-best in a single season among Panthers' kickers with at least 30 attempts.

The mark is just behind Graham Gano's 96.7 percent in 2017, when Gano went 29-of-30.

Piñeiro's 32 total made field goals this year rank second in Panthers' history for a single season, behind 37 from John Kasay in 1996.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

That actually makes too much sense. I never really thought about it... my version is much more intriguing lol. Valid point. 

np bro, I like to chat conspiracy theories and was born with a true honestly processing brain. I mean theres plenty of nasa stuff that have highly questionable theories, but in my opinion this isnt one. This twin deal gos fairly deep, there were questions about how blood would circulate, heart pumps, veins size changes, carrying the right amount of ________ while in space. Just no one one knew the effects of space and humans had to learn. I also know theres are many different types of twins(whole another rabbit hole) and nasa picked the ones/type with the closest DNA. There are some reports that space will/does alter DNA.....one of the things us humans take for granted is the magnetic field blocks out loads of radiation, its much weaker on the ISS. So, close as possible twin lands back on earth, they come back a different person...... (space is not empty; full of pain and harm) There are all sort of precautions that are taken when a person lands, believe it of not russians knew of these after a few of theirs came back. Just Walking is near impossible and remember the radiation...... some can come back radioactive(minor), but still learning. 

I sorta wanted to go mars at one point(still cause of clowns), but after I researched it........think Ill stay right here..

Edited by Basbear

4 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

That has to be an NFL record, but since this fanbase thrives on meaningless victories, let's praise him for making normal kicks after 

Jon Kasay , one of our best and most reliable kickers in history,practically kicked us to the superbowl in 02,  was crucified for kicking out of bounds in the final moments of the superbowl, like those 20 yards would have made a difference to Brady and Welker against a tired D, but let's forgive a choke artist who got a 2nd chance and still missed , and how many games did we miss the div title by, that's right, 1, Gano would have made 1 of those kicks, what loser misses 2 game winning kicks in 1 game and keeps there job

In any organization with standards, Pinero would have been cut before he left the stadium 

Yeah, Pineiro is definitely the reason we missed the playoffs... If only we had Gano or 02 Kasay - then we would have won the Superbowl this year......

Outside of that 1 game, the dude was about as good of a kicker as we could have possibly hope for, considering we got him off the streets. And people are acting like a 48 yard PAT is automatic for every kicker in the NFL... Be pissed at the NFL refs for applying the rules when they feel like it, usually to just screw us over

• Pie 1

For the price Pineiro was a fabulous value and was money with the exception of the Atlanta game.  One option is to cut or trade Gonzales and his 2.5 million cap hit leaving 625000 in dead cap for a savings of 1.5 million in cap space. ,We can sign Pineiro on a 2 year  2 million dollar deal and save money in the process.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Why man? All I did was misremember and use prevent when I meant they gave him the middle of the field. I don’t deserve to have to read that. There’s no call for that. Be a better person.

Hahahah - I was just poking fun. I hope you read my intent as positive humor.  I can’t tell if your message is sarcasm or serious, but just know that this was a humorous post and not a shot at you. I was more making fun of

OP for talking about those kicks like you mentioned in the other thread about posters on here.

6 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Uh oh looks like you were hoping for a tank potentially? Obviously a post in response to mine on changing my mind on Pinero but man you sure do give a dude a hard time for one bad game don't you. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

You're like 10 weeks late on this thread....are you just clearing up your DVR queue and catching up on the season or something?  If so, no one spoil the rest of the season for him.

He was responding to my thread from early in the week saying that I judged Pinero wrong in wanting him cut after having one bad game then completely redeeming himself the rest of the season. Apparently he just now saw it and needed to .ake a thread about it.....I'm guessing somebody went poo poo in his egg McMuffin this morning.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

One could argue ..did it crash or is it coincidence that three of the astronauts that were on that shuttle have identical twins with different first names. And the others are still alive apparently..just older. Same names... teaching at universities. I wasn't even a year old but the story behind it is Wild. 

P.S.. I like Eddie ...but do we let Zane walk in favor of him? 

What? Youre kidding right? Now it appears I'm doing some Google research tomorrow when I am able to.

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

Welcome back venom!!!

I don't know what half this means, but it clearly exceeds the legal limit of sciencey stuff for a football forum. Especially if Wolf's law is anything other than how many wolves you can bring to an NFL game.