• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t think they draft a QB”

ncfan

hey NEVER REACH FOR NEED

instead take BPA!!!! so that we can immediately start discussing how much trade value they’ll have in season 4 while we’re still looking for the only piece that really matters

we’ll finally get those two 1’s this time! the cap is gonna be so healthy

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 3

8 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Well, the team was a wrist injury away from making the playoffs this year - and it wasn't a QB. There's more to a team than a passer.

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

God bless you if you truly think that

The 49ers are arguably the hottest team in the NFC (if not the entire NFL). After today’s  playoff game they have won 11 in a row. The QBs who have guided the ship during that win streak are Jimmy G (3rd round pick) and Brock Purdy (the last player taken in the 2022 draft). The 1st rounder for whom they gave away several high draft choices to obtain has contributed nothing of significance to their success the past two years. 

The 49ers have good coaching, a deep roster, and a fairly shrewd GM. I don’t care how talented a QB is, he’s not going to consistently thrive in the league and compete for championships unless all the above are in place. Jimmy G and Purdy would probably suck in Carolina if they were playing under Matt Rhule.  But, in the right system they can lead a solid team to the playoffs.

We almost won our division with possibly the worst QB room in the NFL, and probably would have if not for DJ’s penalty in the Falcon game  and Horn’s injury that resulted in Mike Evans destroying us at Tampa. So yes, there is more to a team than a passer (although all of us know you absolutely cannot win consistently in this league w/out GOOD quarterback play)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Growl said:

hey NEVER REACH FOR NEED

instead take BPA!!!! so that we can immediately start discussing how much trade value they’ll have in season 4 while we’re still looking for the only piece that really matters

we’ll finally get those two 1’s this time! the cap is gonna be so healthy

The Office Thank You GIF

(thank you for the obvious sarcastic response as it is deserved)

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

The longer we go without selecting a QB from the draft, the longer we'll have to slog through another LOST season from Day 1.

Winning at the end of the season without making the playoffs mean nothing to a lame duck QB like Darnold that probably won’t be back. But they are building blocks for a rookie QB. This end of year resurgence is gonna do Kenny Pickett wonders and probably do fug all for Darnold 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

That dude wouldn’t know QBs if they threw a football at his head. He’s hated Levis from the start for some weird reason. I agree with you pretty much on the whole list. 

Him playing like complete ass for the whole season isn't a weird reason to hate him being our 1st round pick. You actually thinking he could be successful at the NFL level just because he was the QB at your school is the weird and troubling thing

I say there is a slim chance we get one of the desirable QBs in this draft.  Not to say they are the answer to our problem.  Many of them have major question marks and none of them scream franchise QBs.  All with as many or more Question marks as Corral. 

Those of you that are so hellbent on drafting one of these QB at any cost are pushing us further behind by wasting a pick on a QB when we have other needs and can get a quality pick on a position of need.

Corral is only bad in your eyes because you want one of these QBs.  I say they aren't that much better, if at all. 

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Him playing like complete ass for the whole season isn't a weird reason to hate him being our 1st round pick. You actually thinking he could be successful at the NFL level just because he was the QB at your school is the weird and troubling thing

So I should believe Jackie Lee, eating potato chips on his couch trying to avoid diabetes, over NFL scouts who have been doing this for years and years? Just making sure. 

Very weird to hate on a young man before he even makes it to the draft. You may want to seek some help. 

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I get there are plenty of red flags when looking at Levis. Check out his 21 season when he wasn’t playing hurt and was able to run the ball more. It’s a solid season for a Kentucky QB playing against tough competition (they only had 3 losses that year). I think this past year he was playing injured with an OC that didn’t know how to use him. For example their RT was one of the worst I’ve seen so why not roll him out more and buy some more time? He also has plenty of physical ability (age is a concern), but I could see him being like Herbert and looking much better in the NFL when the staff actually plays him to his strengths. 
Stroud, Young, AR, then Levis is my order I think… AR and Levis are upside picks with AR having a higher ceiling (also younger) and Levis having a higher floor. If I’m gambling on potential I’m swinging for the fences with AR though.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get there are plenty of red flags when looking at Levis. Check out his 21 season when he wasn’t playing hurt and was able to run the ball more. It’s a solid season for a Kentucky QB playing against tough competition (they only had 3 losses that year). I think this past year he was playing injured with an OC that didn’t know how to use him. For example their RT was one of the worst I’ve seen so why not roll him out more and buy some more time? He also has plenty of physical ability (age is a concern), but I could see him being like Herbert and looking much better in the NFL when the staff actually plays him to his strengths. 
Stroud, Young, AR, then Levis is my order I think… AR and Levis are upside picks with AR having a higher ceiling (also younger) and Levis having a higher floor. If I’m gambling on potential I’m swinging for the fences with AR though.

No sense in explaining this to someone who clearly doesn’t watch the games and looks at numbers. Context is huge when grading Will on last season. Played hurt basically the entire season, and yes, our OC was horrible and has already been fired after one season. 

Running is a huge part of Wills game and he had no ability to do that last year due to the injury and porous OLine. I don’t think he should be the top QB picked, I have never said such a thing. I think he’s a solid third option in the draft behind Young and Stroud. 

I would like to believe if he’s our pick (he won’t be, he will go before we get the chance) that fans would get behind him and support him before he even takes a snap at the pro level. 

28 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

No sense in explaining this to someone who clearly doesn’t watch the games and looks at numbers. Context is huge when grading Will on last season. Played hurt basically the entire season, and yes, our OC was horrible and has already been fired after one season. 

Running is a huge part of Wills game and he had no ability to do that last year due to the injury and porous OLine. I don’t think he should be the top QB picked, I have never said such a thing. I think he’s a solid third option in the draft behind Young and Stroud. 

I would like to believe if he’s our pick (he won’t be, he will go before we get the chance) that fans would get behind him and support him before he even takes a snap at the pro level. 

I agree with most of what you are saying but @Jackie Leewatches games and is pretty rational on here. We will all have different opinions on different prospects I just like to explain why I feel a certain way about them. Hell NFL teams with all their resources are going to have huge ranges on different prospects, especially QBs which are by far the hardest to project at the next level.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I agree with most of what you are saying but @Jackie Leewatches games and is pretty rational on here. We will all have different opinions on different prospects I just like to explain why I feel a certain way about them. Hell NFL teams with all their resources are going to have huge ranges on different prospects, especially QBs which are by far the hardest to project at the next level.

I’m fine with disagreeing about prospects. He comes off like he genuinely hates Will every time there’s a topic about him. Again, it is odd.