• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

4 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

If an agent isn't doing what is in the best interest of their client then that agent will soon be the assistant manager at Home Depot

I personally have no problem with these guys getting all they can get

Amazon paid Goddell and his cronies $1 billion a year to broadcast shitty Thursday games

I tend to agree to with you to point. My issue is with the disparity between QB salaries and the rest of the positions. One guy shouldn't be taking 25% of the cap when you have 52 other guys to play. If everyone's salary was rising at the same rate in proportion with revenue and the salary  the league would be a lot better. You'd have less cap casualties and these 22-26 year olds wouldn't have so much pressure to win SBs on their rookie deals before it's time to "pay them".

Just now, SCO96 said:

I tend to agree to with you to point. My issue is with the disparity between QB salaries and the rest of the positions. One guy shouldn't be taking 25% of the cap when you have 52 other guys to play. If everyone's salary was rising at the same rate in proportion with revenue and the salary  the league would be a lot better. You'd have less cap casualties and these 22-26 year olds wouldn't have so much pressure to win SBs on their rookie deals before it's time to "pay them".

Paying 25% of your cap space to one player is a difficult pill to swallow but KC is managing it, so is BUF

You can also opt the road of building a solid team / solid system and plug in a rookie QB (SF)

Just depends on what route you plan to build the team

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

Paying 25% of your cap space to one player is a difficult pill to swallow but KC is managing it, so is BUF

You can also opt the road of building a solid team / solid system and plug in a rookie QB (SF)

Just depends on what route you plan to build the team

I'm pretty sure Bronco and Brown fans had similar thoughts and ideas prior to this season.

Now? Not so much.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I don't think the semantics of did he quit or not on the team is worth the energy to argue. None of us know the answer, and then it's just attacking the other person for their opinion.

I think he's a liability at the position, and when the cost is factored in, it's just not an acceptable risk.

What have the Ravens won with him, and why?

If he needs to be surrounded with talent, then is he able to make the team better? Do we have the talent across the board to support him, if that's where the Ravens have fallen short? I'm not sure we are any better.

On the issue of contracts and guarantees, the players have bargained for the current system, and can work to change it at the table. I can't say it is right or wrong regarding owners/players/contracts. Maybe that would be a good card to play when the owners decide to go to 18 game seasons.

Sean Payton actually stated that some of the grumbling and criticism was coming from Jackson's teammates. That's a big reason why he believes Jackson won't be a Raven next season.

So again, we're not just talking about fans' feelings here.

Edited by Mr. Scot

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sean Payton actually stated that some of the grumbling and criticism was coming from Jackson's teammates. That's a big reason why he believes Jackson won't be a Raven next season.

they should purchase a mirror.... that team is a bottom 5 team without Lamar

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Not the QB I would like to have for my team.

For me, the problem is not Lamar's play, it's the possible pay.

I don't understand why so many people don't appreciate Jackson. He has been a league MVP, is electric with his legs, and has a career passer rating of 96.7. Sure he's gotten banged up a bit in his career and has arguably relied on his running a bit much,but that's the Ravens offense, and it's not like he's had the best weapons in the world. Outside of Andrews, his weapons have been kind of blah. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

For me, the problem is not Lamar's play, it's the possible pay.

I don't understand why so many people don't appreciate Jackson. He has been a league MVP, is electric with his legs, and has a career passer rating of 96.7. Sure he's gotten banged up a bit in his career and has arguably relied on his running a bit much,but that's the Ravens offense, and it's not like he's had the best weapons in the world. Outside of Andrews, his weapons have been kind of blah. 

but they gag themselves over a guy like Herbert... 

• The D 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember when RG3 “put a brace on it”? How’d that work out for him?

You don’t F around when it comes to your knees. Especially when his next dollar isn’t guaranteed at this point.

I don’t blame Lamar one bit. Good for him.