• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud enters the draft

jb2288

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

We need offense, we need new life, we need a new coach.  If Young goes 1 or 2, and then someone jumps on Levis before Stroud, it's definitely going to be a possibility Stroud is a target. 

We can snarkily discount that possibility, but given Fitt's presser and propensity for trades, I'd waiver on the "I don't know, could happen" side of things.  

Chatter about Stroud is totally warranted given our spot and situation.  We're obviously looking at him, Young, Levis, & Richardson.

Yeah it will be a new HC/staff with Fitt handling the draft. No one knows what will happen despite what they think…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

My hope a team falls in love with Levis and drafts him at one or two and we can possibly swap with Arizona at 3 for Stroud.  It also works if Chicago stays put drafts DL and Houston drafts Young.  From 9 to 3 wouldn't break us as much as 9 to 1 IMO.

The NFL is much higher on Levis than the fans.

there’s a higher chance Levis goes 1 than Stroud goes top 2 

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Our black cat Panthers luck will see CJ going somewhere between 1 and 8. Just like we won exactly enough games to not make the playoffs, but also be as far down the draft as possible. We're sitting right in the worst case scenario zone. 

Please no. I can’t be Justin Herbert’d again 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They definitely sent a trade package Houston’s way which was considered the best offer at the time. They didn’t want to guarantee all of that money though which is why Watson picked the Browns.

Yes, but you must understand that sending a trade package does not equal to "trading the farm." If you want a proven veteran in any league, you're going to have to pay them, and sometimes that's a lot. That doesn't have to mean that you're laying waste to everything and everyone else. Mahomes' contract was unheard of at one point in time, but as you can see, they're moving right along. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Yes, but you must understand that sending a trade package does not equal to "trading the farm." If you want a proven veteran in any league, you're going to have to pay them, and sometimes that's a lot. That doesn't have to mean that you're laying waste to everything and everyone else. Mahomes' contract was unheard of at one point in time, but as you can see, they're moving right along. 

The Panthers offered more than the Browns, except for the guaranteed contract. 🤣

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

trading the farm is an expression that doesn't mean you are actually crippling the team in every way by actually trading all of your farm system (or draft picks in this case since there's no farm system in the NFL)... But we were going to send HOU multiple first rounders/equivalent value... and we'd probably need to do the same to move up to draft a QB in this draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Well the Browns offer was what? 3 first round pick? We know this now and we know our package was considered the better package. Connecting the dots tells me we were giving away quite a bit for Watson to come to Carolina. Trading the farm is pretty much an opinion statement so that can be interpreted differently by different people. I know current rules don’t let teams trade beyond 3 years worth of picks.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

The Panthers offered more than the Browns, except for the guaranteed contract. 🤣

I don't really believe that they did from what I remember. Even still, the garuantees is really what the contract is or isn't about, and I can't blame Tepper and company for balking.

• Pie 1