• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

8 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If the next HC is not Wilks, I think the next guy will have a harder time winning over the locker room. At the end of the day the players will have to suck it up and play but we've already seen what happens when the team doesn't buy in (ex. Rhule.) Wilks already has the support of the locker room and team captains, he just needs to convince Tepper and Fitterer that he has a plan for the offense/QB situation. I think if Tepper isn't blown away by one of these young offense coordinators, Wilks will be the guy. 

If you guys were in Wilks position, how would you guys pitch your plan to Fit and Tepper? 

Don't care about a locker room full of guys who haven't even been to a playoff game. 2/3 of them will be turned over in a couple years anyway if the new coach is worth his salt.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I recall seeing...

Don't recall seeing bere mention Psyton being "out" in Denver. The only thing I've heard him say recently was that he thinks the longer this drags on, the more likely it is he's going back to television.

I don’t have a subscription but according to ppl that have read this, the growing belief is that Payton does not have the lead in Denver. 

12 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If the next HC is not Wilks, I think the next guy will have a harder time winning over the locker room. At the end of the day the players will have to suck it up and play but we've already seen what happens when the team doesn't buy in (ex. Rhule.) Wilks already has the support of the locker room and team captains, he just needs to convince Tepper and Fitterer that he has a plan for the offense/QB situation. I think if Tepper isn't blown away by one of these young offense coordinators, Wilks will be the guy. 

If you guys were in Wilks position, how would you guys pitch your plan to Fit and Tepper? 

it’s not the coach’s job to impress the players

If the players wanted Steve wilks they shouldn’t have put up yet another losing season 

the players had a chance to have their say and they blew it and now they have will have to impress the new coach or they’ll be looking elsewhere for employment 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I actually went and looked at Indy’s ‘points for’ the other day and in 3 of Reich’s 5 seasons he had more points scored than any season we have had in our history minus 2015

I imagine that averages out to about 13 points per game then lol

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t have a subscription but according to ppl that have read this, the growing belief is that Payton does not have the lead in Denver. 

But there’s a growing belief in league circles that the 59-year-old Payton is not the Broncos’ top choice.

That's why, it's from the article near the top. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

what an absolute disaster hire steve wilks will be

The thing is if it’s going to be a disaster, I want it to be a disaster in the form of a 2-15 season that gets you the #1 pick. Hopefully in a year with a franchise QB to select. A Wilks disaster I’m afraid will look like consecutive 7-10 seasons. Not good enough to be in actual contention, and not bad enough to secure franchise altering talent.