• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

The fact that no one else wants Wilks is the biggest red flag to me. The fact that people know that and still vouch for him is insanity 

Remember Wilks has a pending discrimination lawsuit against the NFL that I’m sure is a major factor in the lack of interest across the league. And yes, Brian Flores has an interview request for an opening - from the AZ Cardinals. The same team who jettisoned Wilks after one season and is the reason he added his name to the litigation. Just sayin’

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Don’t forget with a chance to win the division (as terrible as it was) and make the playoffs. With this roster. After the horrendous start to the season and the most important position in flux. And surviving Rhule.  I too am slowly coming around to the idea of Wilks with a top-flight OC and better DC. Not my top choice but they don’t pay me to make these decisions.

We know how it ends dude we've lived it for the last 15+ years with Fox and Rivera. Except there isn't a Steve Smith or a Cam Newton walking through the door to carry him to a Super Bowl. You know what they say about the definition of insanity right?

The Office Smile GIF

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Remember Wilks has a pending discrimination lawsuit against the NFL that I’m sure is a major factor in the lack of interest across the league. And yes, Brian Flores has an interview request for an opening - from the AZ Cardinals. The same team who jettisoned Wilks after one season and is the reason he added his name to the litigation. Just sayin’

It’s not the only issue I have. 

He has a 9-19 career record. He lost every big game he coached in last season.  He plays a very boring and conservative style of football that the NFL is moving away from. 

I’m not pooing on anyone who wants him to get the job because it’s a feel good story or what not. But to me he is clearly the worst candidate we are considering at this point.

I would pretty much rather have anyone else. 

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It apparently is. The only thing that would change it is if we requested an interview with someone else (like Brian Callahan).

Did we try hiring someone who we thought was the Burrow whisperer before?

Edited by TheMaulClaw

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

We know how it ends dude we've lived it for the last 15+ years with Fox and Rivera. Except there isn't a Steve Smith or a Cam Newton walking through the door to carry him to a Super Bowl. You know what they say about the definition of insanity right?

The Office Smile GIF

I certainly do. I’m right here with you - been a fan since the beginning. I know how it ends. Unfortunately we fans can only hope the new regime understands the history and makes this and other decisions accordingly. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

It’s not the only issue I have. 

He has a 9-19 career record. He lost every big game he coached in last season.  He plays a very boring and conservative style of football that the NFL is moving away from. 

I’m not pooing on anyone who wants him to get the job because it’s a feel good story or what not. But to me he is clearly the worst candidate we are considering at this point.

I would pretty much rather have anyone else. 

Understand and agree with everything you said. It’s not over yet. We just have to trust the “process” - where have we heard this before? Not like we have a choice anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I certainly do. I’m right here with you - been a fan since the beginning. I know how it ends. Unfortunately we fans can only hope the new regime understands the history and makes this and other decisions accordingly. 

3 straight NFCS titles and 15-1 wasn’t a bad stretch. May have gotten back to the top had Cam not gotten injured. Mistakes were made, yes, but Wilks isn’t Rivera. He is his own self who really hasn’t been given a fair shake with his own plan. 1 year in AZ with that roster? Taking over for a failure of a coach here? Things may look much different if he is given a fair shot. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, he went 500 with somebody else's roster, scheme and coaching staff.

Wilks isn't my top choice either, but what he did should be acknowledged as an accomplishment.

It was definitely an accomplishment,  he did an outstanding job. Especially so given the situation he was put in. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Lol at “outstanding job”

Man the bar has been set so Damn low around here 

It was a respectable job, especially considering the circumstances. I mean, Sam Darnold was the QB and we traded away our best offensive weapon. We should have not won another game. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1