• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Profile: Frank Reich

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Add Gus Bradley as a DC candidate as well.

and Marcus Brady as OC candidate 

I didn't include Brady because Reich fired him.

Reich did indicate afterward that he felt responsible for the situation so it's possible there's no bad blood between the two.

It'd still be kind of awkward though.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might be. I'll check.

Lemme think about it...

No 😐

(and thanks)

Great analysis Mr Scot. I was going to make a random joke but facts are I haven’t written a term paper in 3-4 decades. However, I am familiar with APA formatting and citation work. I can’t imagine how long this took you to research. I am actually hoping that we pick Reich, as we will be competitive faster with him than any other prospect. Again great work. No one can question your dedication or Panther fandom.

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Great post, thanks for all the info!

BTW, one nit, you have Reich listed as OC for the Eagles twice; think the second one is supposed to say OC of Chargers I believe.

Good catch. Yeah, he was with the Chargers in 2014 and 2015. That's a fail on my part because I was using an Excel spreadsheet to format the list and probably hit the wrong key.

@rayzor, can you assist?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Great analysis Mr Scot. I was going to make a random joke but facts are I haven’t written a term paper in 3-4 decades. However, I am familiar with APA formatting and citation work. I can’t imagine how long this took you to research. I am actually hoping that we pick Reich, as we will be competitive faster with him than any other prospect. Again great work. No one can question your dedication or Panther fandom.

I'm familiar with it. I've used both MLA and APA.

In this particular case I used HIFL.

(However I Felt Like) 😐

• Beer 2

Thank you Scot for actually putting the Resume up so ppl can actually do the research while forming opinions…

And Just to add before somebody comes in here and brings up “He brought Wertz to the Colts”

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm
 27 tds 7 ints 3,565 yards 63% comp and a 9-8 record.. 

Nobody other Frank got those numbers out of Wertz .. So if you’re wanting a young QB here is important to have a guy who has developed and worked with more QB’s then anybody else we could have hired??

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

read some of the comments from Colts fans on the comments section.

If it isn’t clear to you by now, that the situation up there was due to Ballard and Irsay.  I don’t know what to tell you.

Why do you you think Siriani was so emotionally charged against them this year.

I mean, good interview, but Reich is going to have to prove that he can take us to that top tier. That's what I'm looking for, a coach who will have us threatening for a playoff spot every year, and legitimately contending for a Super Bowl during those years when the personnel has the potential of making that happen. I don't know if Reich is or isn't that guy because of his so-so track record as HC, which I can't just all put on Irsay and Ballard.

I think having been through Indy with Irsay, Carolina with Tepper in a place he calls home will boost his coaching performance and coaching basically at home is a dream job I'm very very sure he's not going to take for granted. I think it's a better fit than many even realize until they see the magic happening. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, good interview, but Reich is going to have to prove that he can take us to that top tier. That's what I'm looking for, a coach who will have us threatening for a playoff spot every year, and legitimately contending for a Super Bowl during those years when the personnel has the potential of making that happen. I don't know if Reich is or isn't that guy because of his so-so track record as HC, which I can't just all put on Irsay and Ballard.

Reality: he was a great QB realizing (2 weeks before TC) he didn’t want to play football anymore from going in that direction…

• Beer 1