• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich potential staff

hepcat

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

If old fox wants to be a defense analyst here, no issues and welcome back! Hope hes still got his porsche...... i bet he still remembers me waving to him while at the waiting for Marriott shuttle..... 

Defensive analyst/consultant? I could live with that. 

DC? Might as well have kept Wilks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

What do you think of him as a DC?

Cover 3 zone with a league low 14% blitz rate. Sounds too similar to what we ran last year, not enough pressure, guys still getting beat despite having deep safety help. When they don't try you deep they can throw it underneath 5-10 yards all day. Only works if you can get pressure rushing 4 which we don't currently

• Pie 2

Gus Bradley:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Bradley

J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him.

— Monte Kiffin to Jim L. Mora in 2009 about Bradley, after Mora was hired as Seahawks head coach.[5]

In 2012, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 306.2 yards per game (4th in the league) and to score 15.3 points per game (1st).[10]

On January 20, 2017, the Los Angeles Chargers hired Bradley as defensive coordinator under head coach Anthony Lynn.[14] After a 2017 season that saw the defense allow 17 points per game, the third-fewest in the NFL, Bradley received a three-year contract extension in January 2018.[15]

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He worked in Seattle when both Fitterer and Morgan were in the front office.

I noticed that early on......my main issue is the the cover3/2 seahags system has been broken. 

I feel about the same about quinn, its a "meh" heavy "MEH" if gus is pick...... i would complain some, but st least understand the reasons. 

I hope frank learned form Andy Reid, when reid hired Jim Johnson. The story goes Jim didnt know reid and was confused.-

Jim- " Andy why do you want me as DC?"

Andy- " I hate playing against you "

Jim- " Ooo "

Brian Baker is already in Charlotte at UNCC and a Reich staffer.  I could see him sliding in on defense positionally.

I know the Fangio push is big and apparent, but I really wouldn't mind Marquan Manuel as DC.  He also played here, knows Charlotte.  Did great back when for Quinn in ATL and is in charge of the best DB room in the league in Philly.  They had to deal with some injuries but were still #1.  

Unsure if he even knows Reich directly but it seems we vetted the top DC candidates, and wouldn't mind a Giants approach where it's not necessarily all buddy-buddy.  More a meeting of the budding minds.

Offense:

Given he fired Marcus Brady, doubt he'd be the frontrunner for OC.  I do like Duce Staley.  

Jason Michael is my darkhorse for OC.  Reich worked with him in SD, he left with Ken for TN, and eventually made it onto Reich's Colts staff.  Has OC experience--he was the one that faked out people and made Mettenberger and Whitehurst look respectable; then coached up Mariota's best season.  He was only like 29/30 years old then so he has a TON of career ahead of him and sounds like he's got Reich's favorability. Where is he now? TE Coach for the Eagles.  

• Beer 1