• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any chance Wilks returns in some capacity?

WarHeel

I'm sure this was brought up internally and Wilks told them to pound sand. 

I like Wilks as a guy and as an assistant coach but I don't think he would have been a success as a HC especially under a noob like Tepper. The Panthers needed some outside perspective and an NFL veteran to teach David Tepper how to win in the NFL. Frank Reich has been in the NFL in some capacity as a player or coach for almost 40 years. Tepper was still buying bad bonds for Goldman Sachs when Reich was playing in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

Nope, he took this very hard.

And I wouldn't be surprise if he lands a HC job somewhere and with the big a$$ chip on his shoulders he might lead a team to a SB win before Carolina gets one...now that would be karma for yall a$$e$...

That would be surprising considering no other team requested to interview him

• Pie 3

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

No one else even brought him in for a token Rooney Rule interview this offseason...he'll end up being a DC somewhere this season, maybe Atlanta or Minnesota.

He wasn't listening to offers until Tepper made a decision, watch the calls start coming in...

Texans I believe is his next choice but I think they waiting on 49ers DC...but I was told Wilks did like their draft capital...and believe that's the best fit for him.

Mark my words if he goes to HC the Texans...they are making the playoffs first year. And our season going be done half way through...man the huddle going be a fun place either way it goes if he is hired somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, let’s keep the guy around who all the players love and may still think of as the head coach to undermine the new guy and possibly divide a locker room in of a young and fragile team. Sounds like a good idea. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/200.gif

Is this organization comprised of teenage girls? Who even thinks like this?

Nah, Wilks is officially done with the Panthers. He may come back in some capacity when he retires but not now.

23 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

And I wouldn't be surprise if he lands a HC job somewhere and with the big a$$ chip on his shoulders he might lead a team to a SB win before Carolina gets one...now that would be karma for yall a$$e$...

4GNT.gif

6 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

He wasn't listening to offers until Tepper made a decision, watch the calls start coming in...

Texans I believe is his next choice but I think they waiting on 49ers DC...but I was told Wilks did like their draft capital...and believe that's the best fit for him.

Mark my words if he goes to HC the Texans...they are making the playoffs first year. And our season going be done half way through...man the huddle going be a fun place either way it goes if he is hired somewhere else.

So he's going to go to the franchise that just one-and-doned back to back black head coaches?

29 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

Because what other teams have interviewed him for their open HC job?

Just now, GuessWhosBack said:

match made in heaven....3rd time the charm

I'd be happy for the man, but I'll be shocked if, 3 weeks after the coaching carousel has started, he gets an interview request from any other team looking. For obvious reasons, Arizona is not going to interview him. Denver seems locked into DeMeco Ryans. Irsay is probably going to hire Jeff Saturday to be the full time HC like an idiot. And from most reports, Houston is hoping to get either Jonathan Gannon or DeMeco Ryans themselves and they've already started conducting second round interviews with Ejiro Evero and Mike Kafka.