• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on possible coordinator candidates

ncfan

42 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Joe but that's a little bit of a lazy article. Doesn't feel like he dug too deep for this one.

I did like this quote though...

One of the things that separated Reich from other candidates was the staff he told Fitterer and David Tepper he would assemble in Charlotte, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Reich could try to retain offensive line coach James Campen and special teams coordinator Chris Tabor after both position groups made big strides after their arrivals.

Honestly a lot of his reporting this off season has kinda felt lazy.  Every article on the coaching search was about Sean Payton with a blurb at the end about Wilks. It feels like the building shut him off from any information or something.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Joe but that's a little bit of a lazy article. Doesn't feel like he dug too deep for this one.

One of the things that separated Reich from other candidates was the staff he told Fitterer and David Tepper he would assemble in Charlotte, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Reich could try to retain offensive line coach James Campen and special teams coordinator Chris Tabor after both position groups made big strides after their arrivals.

Fantastic news. I hope we can keep both.

Something tells me Kellen Moore may be in consideration for the OC job as well. He’s interviews here twice and didn’t get a strong vote of confidence for staying in Dallas. He’s considered to be a bright offensive mind and could be looked at as a possible HC in waiting once Reich calls it a career. 

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 2

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be good with those. I'm a little concerned about Johnson's minimal NFL experience but the work he has done is undeniably impressive.

35 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I’d love Johnson.

He’s a up and comer.  And to have a Vet offensive HC watching over him should only help him.

agreed. if it wasn't for the fact that we have a very experienced and successful OC who is now HC, i'd be nervous. it wouldn't be a position coach who was handed the reigns of an offense completely like it was with Joe Brady. It would be a new OC without experience designing a scheme and calling plays teamed up with a very experienced and successful partner and mentor. 

it kind of reminds me of when rivera got mcdermott as his DC and gave him guidance along the way, only i see reich as coming in a lot more accomplished and ready for the job than rivera was. 

at any rate, the duo of reich with any young up and coming OC is ok with me.

and then you bring in fangio?

Yes Please Want GIF by LION

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Fantastic news. I hope we can keep both.

Something tells me Kellen Moore may be in consideration for the OC job as well. He’s interviews here twice and didn’t get a strong vote of confidence for staying in Dallas. He’s considered to be a bright offensive mind and could be looked at as a possible HC in waiting once Reich calls it a career. 

i would not hate that at all.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I read that Bradley and a couple of other coaches in Indy have said they want to stay there is the new coach will have them. Can't imagine that.  It may be just PC stuff but who knows.  And it  might make a diff if they get an offer from their former HC.

One of the stories mentioned that Reich had already spoken to people he wants to bring aboard and they've agreed.

It's possible some of that may be conditional but I didn't get that impression, at least not from what I read.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mentions Tabor by name and the O-line here

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rapoport and others have mentioned Gus Bradley as a possible DC but since he's still under contract to the Colts, you'd probably have to wait until they finalize their head coach hire to see whether he'll be available.

Unfortunately, that could be a while because it feels like the Colts front office is stalling so they can try and talk Jim Irsay out of hiring Jeff Saturday.

That's exactly what is happening in Indy. 

Front office is saying no, everyone is saying no. Jim Irsay has the final say and he wants Saturday.