• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

43 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

IDC about the big10 championship. The conference is weak overall. There's no real competition to OSU other than Michigan. Who finally got it done this year.

The reason Fields slid in the draft was due to his struggles against good defenses.

Stroud had one of his best games against a Juggernaut team in UGA.

I'd take Stroud over Fields 10/10.

Mel Kiper says Justin Fields would be taken first overall if he came out today. Mel Kiper is an idiot. Justin Fields will not be a long term solution in Chicago. Pretty soon these running qb's will be viewed like rb's; short shelf life. This year we saw Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts (who is a physical specimen) all go down with significant injury. QB's runs can really open up your offense, but they come with a cost.  I would take Stroud over Fields all day long but agree he is not worth trading up for.  

9 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Both played in gimmick offenses. I just read a stat Stroud threw it to his first read more than any QB in the nation 

There's 4 very good videos on the Draft section of the board that breaks down the top 4 QB prospects. That's their big concern about Stroud. 

I think it's easy for people to sit back and say this guy isn't a franchise QB, don't draft him because of whatever.  Chances are most prospects won't be a franchise QB, because it's such a rare thing to come by.  My question is to posters like @OldhamAand @DaveThePanther2008 who do you think IS a franchise QB in this draft or the previous one.  If nothing else which QB would you draft.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I guess by dismissing what a guy’s film looks like while talking how important it it’s for a NFL prospect to win at the highest level in college and put up nice numbers.

which is what Stetson did.

Who dismissed his film?

We're talking about trading the farm for a QB prospect here. If everything doesn't line up, why the hell are you trading so much for him?

He's never won the big game and he play on a STACKED team with multiple first round picks at WR. It's a huge concern - beyond anything you see on film about his ability to progress through his reads and his unwillingness to scramble. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

My feelings are fine, thanks. I'm just interested in having civil discourse. 

I think Darnold can hold down a starting job until you find someone better - that's always been my stance. 

Really? All those drunken rants and you want civil discourse?  How about we go back to when Sam was signed and your comments. Which speaks to your credibility much more than some claim of wanting Mahomes. 

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He literally stopped scoring points in the 4Q. He couldn't seal the deal. 

It is what it is - a lot of you are convincing yourselves that Stroud is THE ONE so I'm talking to a brick wall at this point.

As someone else pointed out, continuing to move the goal line doesn’t make you win the argument.

Bros first time on an Internet forum. I’ve regretfully been on this forum 19 years. 

Edited by Doc Holiday

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Mel Kiper says Justin Fields would be taken first overall if he came out today. Mel Kiper is an idiot. Justin Fields will not be a long term solution in Chicago. Pretty soon these running qb's will be viewed like rb's; short shelf life. This year we saw Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts (who is a physical specimen) all go down with significant injury. QB's runs can really open up your offense, but they come with a cost.  I would take Stroud over Fields all day long but agree he is not worth trading up for.  

What about Burrow tearing his ACL his rookie year, Herbert getting injured early this year, Corral couldn't even make it past preseason.  MAYBE it's a physical sport and a lot of young QBs will go down with injuries at some point.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Who dismissed his film?

We're talking about trading the farm for a QB prospect here. If everything doesn't line up, why the hell are you trading so much for him?

He's never won the big game and he play on a STACKED team with multiple first round picks at WR. It's a huge concern - beyond anything you see on film about his ability to progress through his reads and his unwillingness to scramble. 

You’re literally proving my point while trying to argue with me.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

There's 4 very good videos on the Draft section of the board that breaks down the top 4 QB prospects. That's their big concern about Stroud. 

What exact time in the videos do they count lack of conference or BCS championships as a mark against any QB? 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think it's easy for people to sit back and say this guy isn't a franchise QB, don't draft him because of whatever.  Chances are most prospects won't be a franchise QB, because it's such a rare thing to come by.  My question is to posters like @OldhamAand @DaveThePanther2008 who do you think IS a franchise QB in this draft or the previous one.  If nothing else which QB would you draft.

I would sit tight at #9 and see who fell. 

Young is the best QB in this Draft, but he's tiny so you can't bet the farm on him. 

There wasn't a franchise QB in the 2022 Draft - there might not have even been a good starter. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

True

I would take any of the top 4 QBs in this draft, I just wouldn't sell the farm to get him.  Reich could do wonders with any of them.   If you give everything up to get him the chances of putting quality players around him diminish quite a bit.

We have 4 picks in the top 100.   If one fell to us at #9 you have 3 more picks to fill in good young players to grow around him. 

• Pie 3