• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers land Evero as DC

UNCrules2187

1 hour ago, MtnJax said:

Not trading Burns is looking like a real good idea now with Evero being brought in

It almost feels like someone in the Front Office has said "your best player on defence is Burns - build the system around his skillset". 

Let's see if he thrives as an OLB in a 3-4, there's no reason he shouldn't. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

Wonder if Luke wants to be involved more now?   Seems like he would be a natural fit with Evero.

Only thing I see with that, is he looked lost in 3-4 during his last year. Idk if he'd be good fit as LB coach, which is where most people would peg him. I do think he'd be a great coach but would have to figure out where is the best spot for him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, that was his choice.

Nobody ever expected him to be mistake free, but those were pretty bad choices.

Yeah. I was giving him credit for finally learning from a few rough years. He could have tossed Hurney when he got rid of Rivera so I really don't get whatever this take is 

27 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You mean like he always has? But he didn't have as good of football minded people around him?

I'm sorry, but anybody who expected Tepper to be this no mistake making person, when we still had hurney on staff, is just a t lying to themselves.  

Who forced Tepper to keep Hurney when he fired Rivera?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, that was his choice.

Nobody ever expected him to be mistake free, but those were pretty bad choices.

He was learning.  It's not like he had anybody else to learn on at the time. 

It's easy from a fan perspective,  to tell him to blow uo the front office, and rebuild it. When he didn't know his ass from his pecker? 

I can easily argue he did the best he could with what he had. When he had the opportunity to change, and upgrade from the experience he had acquired, he did. That eventually led us to this. 

• Pie 2