• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr exploring options

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I get this type of attitude with the previous QBs we've had but Carr is being seriously underrated. 

I get it, most are tired of trading for other teams hand me down QB's. 

The thing is that when you mention going to get a QB like Stroud all of a sudden the price is too steep to pay. It's like.. You either want a QB or you don't. Can't have it both ways. 

So you think it's Stroud or we have no hope?  The problem with you Stroud boys is you think he's a generational talent that we should mortgage our future for. Hes not. If I don't think that's a wise idea it's viewed by you Stroud boys as not wanting a qb at all. It's one extreme or the other with you guys. I'm sure everything in life is like that in your world. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So you think it's Stroud or we have no hope?  The problem with you Stroud boys is you think he's a generational talent that we should mortgage our future for. Hes not. If I don't think that's a wise idea it's viewed by you Stroud boys as not wanting a qb at all. It's one extreme or the other with you guys. I'm sure everything in life is like that in your world. 

This!

If there was a Cam, Luck, Lawrence in this draft I'd be all for it. Giving up important capital just to say you picked a QB high in the draft is not smart to me. Still doesn't solve the problems we have at WR, Center, ILB, TE, Pass rusher, etc.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

This!

If there was a Cam, Luck, Lawrence in this draft I'd be all for it. Giving up important capital just to say you picked a QB high in the draft is not smart to me. Still doesn't solve the problems we have at WR, Center, ILB, TE, Pass rusher, etc.

If there was a Cam, Luck or Lawrence we wouldn’t be trading up because the Bears would take him. 
We are gonna have to give up “important capital” whenever we actually pick a QB, unless one actually falls to us at 9, because this team isn’t gonna tank and I doubt we will suck enough next year to draft a QB naturally. 
Teams have holes every season. QB is the most important hole right now. Until it is solved and filled all those other holes aren’t important. Also they can be filled in FA and later draft picks. 

• Flames 1

22 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

At this point, it seems pretty much a given that the Panthers will sign a veteran QB and draft another one.  However, I can't envision Tepper or Reich signing up for another year of Sam Darnold.  

Carr or Garoppolo would be a significant improvement from what the Panthers have been accustom to these last few seasons.  Either one would make the team significantly more competitive within the NFCS until the team's draft pick was ready to take over. 

Panthers also have Corral as a dark horse.  Who knows what Reich might be able to accomplish with Matt given enough time?

Carr I agree, Jimmy...not so sure.  He just doesn't impress me in any way.  That said, he is better than Sam...I think.

I'm really hoping for a 3 man QB room, Rookie, Carr/FA, Corral.  Don't want to pay big dollars for Carr or Aaron, but if the deal is short, I may not throw up too hard.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

What have you seen the past 8 years without a QB? fug the generational talk, just a god damn DECENT QB that will not run around with their heads cut off like a god damn chicken?

Don't be putting words in my mouth homie, I don't think he's a generational talent. He is a talent. Just like Herbert, Allen, etc. You see the thing with you "fug the QB" position boys is that you love to throw around labels and accuse people of things that they'd never done while having their god damn heads in the sand thinking this QB situation is going to fuging fix itself if we "wait for next year". Is that the plan? Keep waiting? Not take a damn shot at a talent that isn't such a high risk like others but has a high ceiling nonetheless? 

That's a poverty way of thinking. I'm tired of this fuging fan base thinking that there's always next year. But hey, let's sulk and wait it out amirite? lol 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1