• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson Rumors: Ravens Could Consider Trading QB for 'Windfall' of Draft Picks

GOAT

Herbert about to get $50M per...... 20ish% of the cap.

IDK.....Lamar's injuries scare me and having a QB on a rookie deal is a blessing. If we give Lamar the $$ he's looking for, the team takes a massive roster hit with less money to spread around. 

Makes drafting and finding gems off the waiver wire and practice squads more important. By the same token, kinda hard to do when you trade three years' worth of R1 and R2 picks to acquire said asset.

Edited by Soul Rebel

Gonna say no thank you to Lamar in this situation. 
Lamar seems to be a mobile first type.  Maybe I am not as educated on his game as I could be, but that is what I see at first glance.
That isn’t a long term plan I want to get behind. 

But okay, he *was* MVP. So I want to hear more.  Now I look at what kind of extras the team will have to include like draft picks or players. I am starting to get a little negative. Then mostly negative. 

Because before you get to the bottom line, there are the financial demands. The weight of which can sink the ship. 

I’d be hoping the Bucs or Saints ‘win’ this one.  

3 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Lamar seems to be a mobile first type.  Maybe I am not as educated on his game as I could be, but that is what I see at first glance.

That's kind of hard to say when the best skill position player at any time during your career has been the TE.  Really, Andrews has been the only player of note (except for maybe a receiver or two way past their prime).

Fair enough. I do remember that being the situation this year now that you mention it.  
 My 1st cuz is a Raven’s season ticket lifer, lives up there and uses his tickets. I should ask him what the scoop is, I bet it would be as good an answer as you could want from a non pro.  Will try to remember to ask him. 

Legit wouldn't make the trade if they gave him to us for a conditional 7th round draft pick.

He's injury prone and only an average passer who is going to want a fully guaranteed contract that pays him as the top QB in the league, HARD PASS

Whatever team signs him to a long term deal, whether it is the Ravens or someone else, is basically guaranteeing they won't contend for a SB for the length of the contract plus 3-5 years after it as they struggle to deal with the cap implications and finding a new QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Legit wouldn't make the trade if they gave him to us for a conditional 7th round draft pick.

He's injury prone and only an average passer who is going to want a fully guaranteed contract that pays him as the top QB in the league, HARD PASS

Whatever team signs him to a long term deal, whether it is the Ravens or someone else, is basically guaranteeing they won't contend for a SB for the length of the contract plus 3-5 years after it as they struggle to deal with the cap implications and finding a new QB.

my point exactly