• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you rank these QB’s that are 26 or younger

panther4life

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yikes people still buying the Allen hype huh?

What more does Burrow have to prove? The only QB who can say he beat both Mahomes and Allen in the playoffs.

Well, it’s a team game. Burrow didn’t beat anyone. The Bengals might be the only team to beat the Chiefs and Bulls in the playoffs, but that doesn’t mean Allen isn’t a better QB. And I’d only say he’s very slightly better.  Burrow has a lot more help than Allen does. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

No one has anything solid to back up any such projections. I’m just thinking of how they each looked in college and how I thought that would translate to the NFL. For example, I was very high on Josh Allen when he was in the draft but we didn’t need a QB at that time.   Stroud has shown far more than any of these guys did in college except maybe Burrow, and Stroud still has the advantage over Burrow in the touch and accuracy. 

The list of guys who "showed so much in college" and went in the top 10 picks is sooooo incredibly long on busts... probably longer than those who made it, particularly at the QB spot. 

Of course, you never hit the shot you don't take, but c'mon let's not crown someone for the HoF based on their college performance.

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The list of guys who "showed so much in college" and went in the top 10 picks is sooooo incredibly long on busts... probably longer than those who made it, particularly at the QB spot. 

Of course, you never hit the shot you don't take, but c'mon let's not crown someone for the HoF based on their college performance.

Who did that?  First thing I said was there’s no way to know for now, but if I’m projecting based on what knowledge we do have, I like him better than the others on the list.  Didn’t say anything about HoF bound, no one on that list is yet. Only youngish QB in the NFL that can say that is Mahommes. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Who did that?  First thing I said was there’s no way to know for now, but if I’m projecting based on what knowledge we do have, I like him better than the others on the list.  Didn’t say anything about HoF bound, no one on that list is yet. Only youngish QB in the NFL that can say that is Mahommes. 

Sorry, my bad. It's just with all the pre-draft hype around here you'd think there were four Hall of Fame bound QBs on the board in the first round and we will just die if we don't trade the farm for one of these gems.

After a while, it gets ridiculous hearing it again and again. You might not have been one of those doing it, but there's a contingent here that just devours the hype and wants you to grab a handful of it, too.

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sorry, my bad. It's just with all the pre-draft hype around here you'd think there were four Hall of Fame bound QBs on the board in the first round and we will just die if we don't trade the farm for one of these gems.

After a while, it gets ridiculous hearing it again and again. You might not have been one of those doing it, but there's a contingent here that just devours the hype and wants you to grab a handful of it, too.

Eh it happens. I do really like Stroud, and if we were given the option of taking any of the listed QBs at the same price, the only ones I’d take Stroud over would be Young or Tua, just because the others have actually proven it. But in a stakes free guessing game, I think Stroud will be the best of them. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Well, it’s a team game. Burrow didn’t beat anyone. The Bengals might be the only team to beat the Chiefs and Bulls in the playoffs, but that doesn’t mean Allen isn’t a better QB. And I’d only say he’s very slightly better.  Burrow has a lot more help than Allen does. 

Yeah that's why the Bills were the favorites coming into the season. Media hyped up Allen over a playoff battle with Mahomes in which he lost. He couldn't live up to the hype this year.

Burrow is just a better QB than Allen even with a bad Oline.

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

if I’m projecting out a couple years, I’d put Stroud between Burrow and Herbert and Young between Jackson and Hurts. If I’m projecting full career, Stroud at the top, Young between Herbert and Jackson

Can I get some Powerball and MegaMillions numbers Nostradamus?