• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add Jim Caldwell

ncfan

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But Tepper is hard to work for….

He overpays his coaches, he stays out of the football decisions for the most part, and he is overly patient with coaches. 

The narrative that he was hard to work for and his personality would be some huge hinderance to attract coaches would stupid from the start and was largely agenda based. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My early guess is that they target Levis in round 1 after signing someone like Carr, if they cannot get a trade partner or the cost is too rich its onto Plan B.

Plan B will look something trading back into the bottom 3rd of round 1 and take a guy like Hooker or someone in that tier. 

Plan C is to just go with Carr (insert vet here) and Corral this season and get someone to compete with Corral for the starting role before Carr (vet qb) is cut loose. 

Or none of the above. 

Will Carr want to sign with a team when he knows it won’t be long term? (Don’t worry I read your post and know you just mention Carr as an option.)

Seems like Carr will want a long term deal and going to a team that wants him for 1 or 2 seasons doesn’t seem like what he wants. 

I think, if we sign a vet, it will be someone who won’t mind becoming the backup when we start our rookie. Carr probably doesn’t want to be a backup. 

I still think Tampa and Saints are more likely South teams to sign Carr because both would like to sign him long term. 

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

But Tepper is hard to work for….

He overpays his coaches, he stays out of the football decisions for the most part, and he is overly patient with coaches. 

The narrative that he was hard to work for and his personality would be some huge hinderance to attract coaches would stupid from the start and was largely agenda based. 

You think Charles Robinson had an agenda against Tepper?

Okay 😐

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Hmmmm..   that's a lot of talent on 1 coaching staff  ..

I hope it's not like the  Phil Eagles a few years back when they signed so many free agents with a lot of talent, but they couldn't play together..

Whoo ,, lots of coaching talent .  

That's actully not a bad point.  I've scratched my head a little on the same subject.  It all looks good on paper and I hope it is wonderful.  Can egos become an issue?  I hope not.

12 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m no fan of Levis but if that’s who they choose, that’s who they choose

he reminds me, frightenly of Wentz  

I'm just spitballing here. The reason I said Levis is twofold. 1.) The rumor that Tepper already was looking at him before this past season played out and.. 2.) They know that trading up for Stroud is not likely. 

So I'm going with the realistic options for now. A lot of things will happen before the draft gets here so I reserve the right to change my prognostication at a later date.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know he isn’t the young shiny OC type that so many people wanted but you could make the argument that his resume is better than Reich’s and definitely Wilks.

There is no guarantee these guys will mesh and/or the players will excel but in paper you have to appreciate the process this time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1