• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody still not on board?

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

You have to wonder with this new coaching staff in place... if we go get a veteran QB like Carr ... its bc this group wanted it. 

I wonder if a huddle meltdown would follow if that were to occur....

Would love it if he came at an affordable price.I doubt that happens.

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Ah, yes, remember just a few weeks ago when everyone here at the Huddle wanted Frank Reich as our next head coach?  

Yeah, me neither.  

However, I'm glad it turned out the way that it did!

I know a lot of folks started out with Ben Johnson as their prime target.

10 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m 100% on board no question about it. Just hope we get a QB competent enough to benefit from the coaching additions. This staff could look very different in 2 years. I don’t think you put a staff like this together without the idea/commitment that you’re getting a QB ready to win now. 

That’s what makes me think we are going after Carr. Who Reich did make an attempt at getting before with the Colts. I won’t lie I like Stroud but at what cost. We can be a contender with Carr and the right BPA picks in this draft. Corral still hasn’t shown us his true self and he could wait in the wings for 2-3 years and possibly become what we had hoped a QB capable of guiding us to wins. If we don’t think Stroud is possible or the ask to move up for a shot isn’t worth it Carr honestly isn’t a bad secondary option. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know a lot of folks started out with Ben Johnson as their prime target.

I do remember a lot of comments from posters about not wanting a retread head coach.

Thankfully, most seem to have come to embrace Frank and his staff during this honeymoon phase.

Next hurdle will be embracing whoever ends up being the Panthers starting QB, rookie or vet.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

5 minutes ago, TJKJ23xx said:

I won’t lie I like Stroud but at what cost. We can be a contender with Carr and the right BPA picks in this draft. Corral still hasn’t shown us his true self and he could wait in the wings for 2-3 years and possibly become what we had hoped a QB capable of guiding us to wins. If we don’t think Stroud is possible or the ask to move up for a shot isn’t worth it Carr honestly isn’t a bad secondary option. 

I like the way you're thinking.

Frank, is that you?

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I like the way you're thinking.

Frank, is that you?

Lol naw just trying to be realistic about all options. Being too biased and having a jaded view of one option can leave you hanging out to dry if it doesn’t come to fruition. Being able to pivot no matter the scenario but stay true to the end goal of how to build the team is what I feel is best.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, TJKJ23xx said:

That’s what makes me think we are going after Carr. Who Reich did make an attempt at getting before with the Colts. I won’t lie I like Stroud but at what cost. We can be a contender with Carr and the right BPA picks in this draft. Corral still hasn’t shown us his true self and he could wait in the wings for 2-3 years and possibly become what we had hoped a QB capable of guiding us to wins. If we don’t think Stroud is possible or the ask to move up for a shot isn’t worth it Carr honestly isn’t a bad secondary option. 

Id like to have both Carr and Stroud.