• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No man, the thought that a 5-6 year window of competing for a super bowl is short is the part that is baffling.  Do you know how rare it is for a QB to make it through their entire second contract with a franchise? 

Teams dont have the same QB for 7+ years. In case you havent noticed the past two off seasons and now this upcoming ... teams moving on from QBs is extremely common. They cost too much for a franchise to maintain and acquire talent. 

In the last 20 years, there have been less than 15 total QBs who have played more than 7 seasons with a single team. 8 of those won a super bowl.... (Favre, WIlson, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Manning 1, and Manning 2)

Outside of Ben and Brady... those super bowl wins were within their first 7 seasons of being with that franchise...  never won one after.

Yeah we're on different pages here. You thought I meant Super Bowl window I was referring to the time left in Carr's career to win or compete for a championship. If he isnt competing for one in the next couple of seasons it isn't going to happen doesn't matter if it's us or someone else. I'm not in favor of throwing a contract at him so you don't have to convince me. But based on you posting that CBS tweet you seem to be a believer. That's cool.

29 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

In a perfect world the Panthers would draft their next franchise QB and still have enough picks to surround him with talent.  That's not the world we live in.

At #9 the Panthers may have to give up a boatload of pics over several years to draft one of the better rookie QBs and hamstring themselves when it comes to surrounding that rookie with supporting talent.

Or, the Panthers can bring in a vet QB and use their picks to surround him with talent.

It's above my pay grade, but that's why Reich and Fitterer get paid the big bucks.

We've also seen 2 teams (Rams and Bucs) in the last 5 years build the entire support staff, then bring in a QB to take it over the top. They could also take that approach as well since it has worked very recently. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We've also seen 2 teams (Rams and Bucs) in the last 5 years build the entire support staff, then bring in a QB to take it over the top. They could also take that approach as well since it has worked very recently. 

I'm not opposed to that approach either.  It certainly made those teams attractive destinations for two of the better QBs in the league.  Just feels like Panthers fans have suffered long enough and need some signs of hope.  

Looking forward to seeing what the new brain trust comes up with.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

37 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

At #9 the Panthers may have to give up a boatload of pics over several years to draft one of the better rookie QBs and hamstring themselves when it comes to surrounding that rookie with supporting talent.

Or, the Panthers can bring in a vet QB and use their picks to surround him with talent.

When the time comes you either take the risk or you play it safe. We've seen the results with bringing in other teams leftovers. Try a different approach.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

When the time comes you either take the risk or you play it safe. We've seen the results with bringing in other teams leftovers. Try a different approach.

We're getting leftovers from somewhere. Our most seasoned QB going into 23 is not going to be Matt Corral. It all depends on cost, picks and salary. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Reich will most likely try a different approach.   One of those ways is bringing in a better veteran QB.

Well we can't be afraid of developing a young QB. Matt Rhule was. But we've got decades of wisdom on staff now. Chasing discarded veteran QB's should be the last resort for such a seasoned staff we've built.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Growl said:

Carr would be a top 3 QB in the conference,  the team definitely needs to go get their own guy but if there’s a scenario where they can rent him and still draft a guy it’s worth sticking your toes in the water on

Would rather make the big play to move up for their guy but I could understand sticking your nose in, at least if for no other reason than to drive the asking price up for new orleans

You aren't signing Carr then drafting a first round QB in 2023.

He's 32 in March - he gives you 4 years of high level play to find your franchise QB. It's a no brainer if he's interested.