• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

3 hours ago, travisura said:

I think he's saying that the reason we're the favorite is because of how many QB reclamations Tepper has overseen so far, and assuming that we'll continue doing that with a new staff. That's why it's lazy.

So not putting the word Reich instead of Tepper is lazy.  Ok

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You think he's going to play into his forties? For clarification purposes I had the misfortune along with the rest of you of watching a QB built like a greek god physically fall apart by 32. Different circumstances obviously but you can't make assumptions time is undefeated.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Well there's a small chance they manage to do both. There are some good qb prospects in this draft but they are just not hyped up like the 3 you only here about.  So I would not assume they cannot do both.

It would be awesome if the Panthers could do both.  I'm somewhat concerned that the Panthers may make some significant personnel changes on defense (considering the preferred schemes of our new DC).  If that's the case, it may limit what the team can do on offense in this year's draft.

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

If someone wants to venture over to a Raiders forum I'd be curious to hear what the average take is on Carr and his time there now that he is officially gone. He has never lacked the talent. But he just had the lowest completion percentage since his rookie year. How much of it was McDaniels? The other layer is he will be 32 in March. So that's what a 5-6 year window maybe? Not every guy is going to be Brady and play well into their 40's. We should just be as realistic as possible about this knowing not only his circumstances but our own in our failures of pursuing other teams castoffs.

82245C06-D505-4C6D-85F2-1366C698A66A.png

F7B1555C-EF0B-4F88-B3F8-E3642F77BF3B.jpeg

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's not my point.

Point is Derek Carr would our QB. 

A 32 year old QB looking for a long term contract and stability and has 1 playoff appearance on his resume. You don't want to be in a situation for the next 3 years we are led by a aging QB with no ceiling. Carr is a JAG!

Why are we wasting time entertaining this? 

I know another guy around the same age, all healed up and still thinks he could dominate as he once did

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Don't want Carr. Develop your own QBs like we did with this guy or if you want a 33 year old stop gap at least run it back with this guy. At least THAT would be entertaining for half the fan base instead of a slightly better Sam.

I'm not on the bring Cam back bandwagon THIS time not at all but Carr makes just as much sense as Cam right now 0.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It would be awesome if the Panthers could do both.  I'm somewhat concerned that the Panthers may make some significant personnel changes on defense (considering the preferred schemes of our new DC).  If that's the case, it may limit what the team can do on offense in this year's draft.

Not necessarily.  Say for instance they do something crazy like go defense again at 9. What's to prevent them from moving back into the bottom of the 1st for a qb? Hell they could even trade back into the 15 to 20 range if they just have to have a qb. There's more than one way to skin this cat.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Not necessarily.  Say for instance they do something crazy like go defense again at 9. What's to prevent them from moving back into the bottom of the 1st for a qb? Hell they could even trade back into the 15 to 20 range if they just have to have a qb. There's more than one way to skin this cat.

Hold On What GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

*OFFICIAL MYLES MURPHY BANDWAGON MEMBER*

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Anything is possible.  However, this team has many hungry mouths to feed and only so many draft picks to go around.  Chances are none of these new coaches signed up to hear they'd have to make do with what they already have.  One thing is for sure, this off season promises to be rather entertaining.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

You think he's going to play into his forties? For clarification purposes I had the misfortune along with the rest of you of watching a QB built like a greek god physically fall apart by 32. Different circumstances obviously but you can't make assumptions time is undefeated.

No man, the thought that a 5-6 year window of competing for a super bowl is short is the part that is baffling.  Do you know how rare it is for a QB to make it through their entire second contract with a franchise? 

Teams dont have the same QB for 7+ years. In case you havent noticed the past two off seasons and now this upcoming ... teams moving on from QBs is extremely common. They cost too much for a franchise to maintain and acquire talent. 

In the last 20 years, there have been less than 15 total QBs who have played more than 7 seasons with a single team. 8 of those won a super bowl.... (Favre, WIlson, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Manning 1, and Manning 2)

Outside of Ben and Brady... those super bowl wins were within their first 7 seasons of being with that franchise...  never won one after.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

If someone wants to venture over to a Raiders forum I'd be curious to hear what the average take is on Carr and his time there now that he is officially gone. He has never lacked the talent. But he just had the lowest completion percentage since his rookie year. How much of it was McDaniels? The other layer is he will be 32 in March. So that's what a 5-6 year window maybe? Not every guy is going to be Brady and play well into their 40's. We should just be as realistic as possible about this knowing not only his circumstances but our own in our failures of pursuing other teams castoffs.

Not very positive lol. 

We got to watch him pitch fits, threaten media figures, cry during press conferences and pretty much take our traditions and reputation and manscape the entire thing into a singularly castration of the Raiders manhood. What did it for me was when he three into triple coverage 2 yards shy of the endzone in his lone playoff game because the very idea of getting hit was so repulsive to him that he refused to be a football player and chose to be a wannabee flag football player. Ironic that his last game as a Raider was exactly that and in a game he lost for his teammates.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

His lack of playoff experience and success is worrisome. Also, the quickest way to annoy Carr if you pick him up, is drafting a QB. You’re going to have to commit to him, paying between 35 and 40 mil(more than likely), if you’re going after him. 

I don’t want. Would rather take a shot in the draft. Would rather go after Stroud or Young.

• Beer 2