• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

2 hours ago, X-Clown said:

They were ranked 10th this year 

Saw that and was surprised.  I have a friend whose son (Brandon Parker) was injured this year but he was the RT for the Raiders--in fact, my friend played for the Steelers.  We talked earlier in the season, and he was describing an OL train wreck.  So I based my statement on that.

Furthermore, during week 15 the Raiders had the ninth rated OL, but were rated 24th in the NFL in QB pressures--that is the key stat, imo, if you are rating the OL for a QB.

Edited by MHS831

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The goal is to get a franchise QB!

What are we talking about. So we pass on a franchise QB to take another aging 32 year old QB who has 1 playoff appearance on his resume?

I want another Cam Newton type talent. We actually made a SB with this kind of QB. Who wants to play for mediocrity every year with Derek Carr. I just don't understand why fans are against adding a franchise QB.

We been sitting on draft picks for years. If there is a chance to get a true Franchise QB you do it. But I guess all fans don't think like me...

I see your point--I genuinely do--however, if you take Jackson (even at 26, he has been pretty durable considering how he plays) but I try to read the tea leaves. What I want and what I share are not always the same thing--I try to analyze what they will do based on the moves already made, my assessment of risk, etc.  Emotions are great on the field, but off the field, they would get you fired. 

Keep pumping out your perspectives--you are not always wrong!

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Saw that and was surprised.  I have a friend whose son (Brandon Parker) was injured this year but he was the RT for the Raiders--in fact, my friend played for the Steelers.  We talked earlier in the season, and he was describing an OL train wreck.  So I based my statement on that.

Furthermore, during week 15 the Raiders had the ninth rated OL, but were rated 24th in the NFL in QB pressures--that is the key stat, imo, if you are rating the OL for a QB.

They started off really bad but improved as the season went along. They ended up having the top rusher in the entire league. 

• Pie 1

If the last decade is any indication, you're best off if your QB is still on their rookie contract or otherwise is at the top tier and worth paying for. Carr doesn't fall in either category. Also the fact his prior contract had those stipulations scares me. What he'll probably want will likely be too much financial and from a flexibility standpoint.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

If the last decade is any indication, you're best off if your QB is still on their rookie contract or otherwise is at the top tier and worth paying for. Carr doesn't fall in either category. Also the fact his prior contract had those stipulations scares me. What he'll probably want will likely be too much financial and from a flexibility standpoint.

Yeah he ended up ranked 21st on the NFL QB index for the year, behind Pickett, Purdy, Fields. Sandwiched in between those guys and Dalton/Darnold. The 3 ahead of him are on rookie deals, and then two behind him plus guys like Brissett/Minshew will play for $5M-10M max. Dunno if he'll get it but Carr is going to want somewhere around $30M a year. 

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

They started off really bad but improved as the season went along. They ended up having the top rusher in the entire league. 

Then is it safe to assume that they had a good run-blocking OL, but if the QB pressures stat was near the bottom, it must have been a really good run-blocking team?

5 minutes ago, The Crown and the Claw said:

In terms of Carr? Haven’t heard anything regarding him specifically. The staff has definitely been put together diligently with an emphasis on coaches who can bring along a young QB though. 

I posted in the wrong thread,  I meant in general panther news, but il take care news too. Appreciate your info.