• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Manning, Luck, Trevor.  

Outside of them, only hindsight IMO would make you feel could about giving up the farm for anyone though. 

I also frankly don't give a poo about being 9-8 and making the playoffs and being done.   Either you find a special QB or you don't matter.  That's where I am at.   That's what I think has to be your priority.   It's why we should of drafted Fields when he fell and frankly keep drafting QBs high when they fall until one develops.   Let's say you had Fields and then Stroud fell.  Cool.  That wouldn't be bad.  Keep adding you talent at QB until you got someone special.  That should be the approach IMO instead of Teddy, Sam, Baker, Carr. 

I agree with you in most respects but I would not fixate on OSU qb's.  But that's just me.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I agree with you in most respects but I would not fixate on OSU qb's.  But that's just me.

I mean, yeah, ideally, I agree on the OSU part.   But for a realistic example that just happened to play out to use.   

I generally don't like OSU or Bama because the overly talented rosters skew way too much.  2 best rosters year in and year out. 

Honestly if we sign Carr, that changes #9 for me. 

Carr can play. This wouldn’t be Baker with McAdoo. It’s not a question mark. He would probably be the guy for 2-4 years. 

We already have a developmental QB on the roster. Should we have two developmental guys sitting for that long?

If we went Carr, seems more logical to me to draft the best offensive weapon or an edge rusher at 9. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

I mean, yeah, ideally, I agree on the OSU part.   But for a realistic example that just happened to play out to use.   

I generally don't like OSU or Bama because the overly talented rosters skew way too much.  2 best rosters year in and year out. 

You can add USC to that list as well. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You can add USC to that list as well. 

yeah, I actually don't even think of USC anymore.   They have disappointed transitioning for so long and been so well rounded about it.  At least the top prospects. 

St. Brown isn't enough to change it.  

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Honestly if we sign Carr, that changes #9 for me. 

Carr can play. This wouldn’t be Baker with McAdoo. It’s not a question mark. He would probably be the guy for 2-4 years. 

We already have a developmental QB on the roster. Should we have two developmental guys sitting for that long?

If we went Carr, seems more logical to me to draft the best offensive weapon or an edge rusher at 9. 

Carr has 2 winning seasons in 9 years and no playoff wins.  I dont know if I would say "Carr can play".

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Sign Carr as bridge. Get Stroud or Young (ideally Stroud) even if it means trading up.

Carr isn't signing to be a bridge, or for bridge money. 

He's going to sign somewhere where there is no immediate threat to his position as ''the guy''. 

NO / TB make the most immediate sense, neither has a 1st round pick, and are likely to spend to attain his services. 

The Raiders seem to be the Jimmy G destination, it just kinda makes to much sense. 

Jordan Love has a 20M+ 5th year option value, so if they pick that up it stands to reason Rodgers is as good as gone, and he already said no to SF, so you'd think NYJ was the answer, as the Packers said they won't send him to a NFC team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

What I gather is that the shot everyone is speaking of is a shot on their preferred qb. If it's not their preferred guy then it's not considered taking a shot?

At #1, you have your choice of whoever, so no matter the opinion, you're getting the top designated option.  

A trade up to #3 or 5 brings in scenarios, specific players, etc.  Within that option lies the hope that someone's top option is available.

2 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Stay put at 9 and draft Anthony Richardson if the other top QBs are gone or trade 9 for more picks.

Draft Hooker in the late 2nd or early 3rd round. 

Do a lot of homework on Stetson Bennett and Max Duggan.

I think Dugan and Bennett go higher than most think.

i'm cool with a few different options:

in no real order of preference...

sign carr and give him offensive weapons through the draft on days 1 and 2. cap hit will suck, but we would be hitting the ground running when the season starts. 

sit back at 9 and get the best QB available.

move ahead of the raiders and get either young or stroud. 

whoever is the consensus choice for this crew of coaches i'm going to be totally fine with and i have no doubt that they will go hard for whichever QB they want with Tepper's blessing.

• Beer 1