• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young might not be able to see over the offensive lineman’s hip pads.

electro's horse

If we are even considering him I would be kind of upset. Matt Corral is bigger and more mobile. Yes, Bryce is more accurate based on what we have seen but running RPO, bootlegs and PA does not always require pinpoint passing. I feel Corral would be a cheaper more feasible option if ut came down to it. I am not saying he is the best QB option at this point but I do not trust BY's longevity at all. 

The more i watched him, the smaller he looked and played. I never really was interested, even when the hype train was full force 2 years ago, and I was completely uninterested the more I watched last season. I really hope our staff feel similarly because I just don't have a good feeling about how his game translates to the pros, and its not just his height.

• Beer 2

If he's there at #9 you probably take him (assuming you don't sign Carr in FA), but you absolutely don't move up for him.

If you put his brain / skillset in Stroud's body, Chicago would be pawning Fields off to whoever wanted to take him 'cos that #1 pick would be locked down.

Edited by OldhamA

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Might as well call it a RB push now. 

They gotta change that poo. A QB sneak is completely unstoppable getting a yard or less now. Maybe when teams just start completely selling out and lining up an OL behind the QB for the push the NFL will finally put a stop to the ridiculousness. It's just a fuging rugby scrum.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They gotta change that poo. A QB sneak is completely unstoppable getting a yard or less now. Maybe when teams just start completely selling out and lining up an OL behind the QB for the push the NFL will finally put a stop to the ridiculousness. It's just a fuging rugby scrum.

What's going to happen is someone is going to get seriously hurt and snap some legs when that pile goes sideways. I can tell you from experience being on the bottom of that pile with your knee bent sideways that is not something I would ever wish on anyone. 30 years later and it still isn't right. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

What's going to happen is someone is going to get seriously hurt and snap some legs when that pile goes sideways. I can tell you from experience being on the bottom of that pile with your knee bent sideways that is not something I would ever wish on anyone. 30 years later and it still isn't right. 

It kinda surprises me that owners aren't pushing for the change. They can't like seeing their most valuable and usually highest paid position on the team sandwiched in a melee but as long as it's legal coaches are going to do it because it's unstoppable.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It kinda surprises me that owners aren't pushing for the change. They can't like seeing their most valuable and usually highest paid position on the team sandwiched in a melee but as long as it's legal coaches are going to do it because it's unstoppable.

Especially for the linemen. Because they are so low and have to have their feet dug in so well, there really isn't a whole lot of flexibility for them. A couple thousand pounds of beef falling sideways is going to end up hurting 4 or 5 guys at once. They'll end up stopping it once they're having to cart off multiple players with Jason Sehorn like injuries. I remember watching that as he went airborne and almost puked. 

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Especially for the linemen. Because they are so low and have to have their feet dug in so well, there really isn't a whole lot of flexibility for them. A couple thousand pounds of beef falling sideways is going to end up hurting 4 or 5 guys at once. They'll end up stopping it once they're having to cart off multiple players with Jason Sehorn like injuries. I remember watching that as he went airborne and almost puked. 

The roughest injury I ever saw on live television was Willis McGahee's knee in college. I was in college and a bunch of us were watching that game and I saw it and just started screaming. Like everybody y'all gotta watch this poo and now because they're only gonna show this replay once when they realize how ugly this is. I still can't believe he made a successful recovery from that.

I guess Marcus Lattimore's injury at South Carolina looked similarly and that one ended him.

• Beer 1