• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting twist regarding Lamar Jackson...

Proudiddy

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And Vick's career passer rating was 80.4 while Jackson's is 96.7 (since you're the one alluding to the comparison). 

Ah, but he doesn't have any weapons except his tight end, remember?

Funny that's what Falcon fans said about Vick too. Then the team replaced him with Matt Schaub and all of a sudden their receivers learned how to catch.

(always thought it was really inconsiderate of them to only do that after Vick left) 😐

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ah, but he doesn't have any weapons except his tight end, remember?

Funny that's what Falcon fans said about Vick too. Then the team replaced him with Matt Schaub and all of a sudden their receivers learned how to catch.

(always thought it was really inconsiderate of them to only do that after Vick left) 😐

Which is why Jackson is superior. 

I don't think anyone is going to credibly argue that Jackson has superior weapons than Vick, much less most teams in the NFL, including ours. They're not who anyone wants. 

Save for the TE of course. Catch or no catch.

Edited by top dawg

So the Ravens think he's worth roughly 167 mil for the length of the length of the contract.  He's yet to get them anywhere so they decide he's not worth the trouble to go any higher. They built their team around him but they will offer him up to anyone willing to sign him for whatever he wants for 2 1st round picks. Sounds like a smart decision to me.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Which is why Jackson is superior. 

I don't think anyone is going to credibly argue that Jackson has superior weapons than Vick, much less most teams in the NFL, including ours. They're not who anyone wants. 

Save for the TE of course. Catch or no catch.

Everybody's fault but his...

Funny how the opposite reasoning gets applied to Derek Carr 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot

133 million fully guaranteed over six years (which is what the Ravens have offered) is more than generous for a QB with a playoff record of 1-4 and significant history of injuries.  Lamar is no Watson and is certainly no Mahomes.  When you believe you're being disrespected with that level of compensation, you're ego has gotten the better of you.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Everybody's fault but his...

See that's your problem? You're the one trying to assign fault. 

The Ravens haven't been the best team, and mostly any NFL type will tell you that. Blame it on Jackson all you like, but if you do you're simply being disingenuous.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

See that's your problem? You're the one trying to assign fault. 

The Ravens haven't been the best team, and mostly any NFL type will tell you that. Blame it on Jackson all you like, but if you do you're simply being disingenuous.

There are legitimate concerns with Lamar Jackson, but I don't see you accepting any of them.

There are legitimate mitigating factors with Derek Carr, but again you don't acknowledge them.

There are pros and cons to both of them, but until you actually acknowledge that fact it's kind of pointless debating with you.

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Let some other team "reset the market" for QB compensation and handcuff their ability to compete effectively.

I like your thinking but there is a 50/50 probability that it resets the market lower, as more teams tap out on the mega bucks for possibly damaged goods.  My SWAG is that there is a large and growing contingent of GM’s looking at the Watson deal, 2022 results and are horrified.

”There but for the grace of God go I.”

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

133 million fully guaranteed over six years (which is what the Ravens have offered) is more than generous for a QB with a playoff record of 1-4 and significant history of injuries.  Lamar is no Watson and is certainly no Mahomes.  When you believe you're being disrespected with that level of compensation, you're ego has gotten the better of you.

If that's accurate, then that's just over $22 million/year. I don't think he is worth $40 mil a year, but that does feel low to me. I can't see him going for less than $30 mil avg per year on the open market.

• Beer 1