• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not.

We've finally got football smart people in decision making positions.

Whatever they decide will have been thoroughly discussed.

I just hope Reich learned from Wentz. Care can’t be fixed and he definitely can’t be changed. He is who he is and I hope that smarter minds realize what they are getting if we sign Carr. 

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just hope Reich learned from Wentz. Care can’t be fixed and he definitely can’t be changed. He is who he is and I hope that smarter minds realize what they are getting if we sign Carr. 

Carr and Wentz aren't the same guy.

I would say, given their respective personalities, I have pondered the possibility that Carr and Reich could easily hit it off.

That said, I expect the full braintrust (not just Reich) to weigh the decision carefully.

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Dan gets it!!!

How are we to know that this exact sentiment is not being expressed throughout the coaching staff? With all the offensive minds in the building I'm quite confident that they can also come to this conclusion on their own, without Orlovsky having to tell them.

I'd say it's a big mistake here to assume the Panthers are already either totally disinterested in Carr or utterly gung ho to sign him.

That's how fans think, not professionals.

It's obvious they have at least some level of interest, which is why you talk to him. How they feel as a group about going after him (or not) might not be fully decided until after that meeting.

Edited by Mr. Scot

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Carr and Wentz aren't the same guy.

I would say, given their respective personalities, I have pondered the possibility that Carr and Reich could easily hit it off.

That said, I expect the full braintrust (not just Reich) to weigh the decision carefully.

Maybe but Carr’s ceiling is Cousins Vikings. I don’t want to be Cousins Vikings, and IMO, Cousins is better than Carr. 

Car has fumbling problems. 
He takes too many sacks and is a statue in the pocket. 
He doesn’t go off script. At. All. 
He throws interceptions at the worst possible time. He has bad-day-to-have-a-bad-game syndrome. 

If Panthers get him they have to realize they are not getting a QB that will win them a Super Bowl. 
But maybe the Panthers FO only cares about getting to the Playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Maybe but Carr’s ceiling is Cousins Vikings. I don’t want to be Cousins Vikings, and IMO, Cousins is better than Carr. 

Car has fumbling problems. 
He takes too many sacks and is a statue in the pocket. 
He doesn’t go off script. At. All. 
He throws interceptions at the worst possible time. He has bad-day-to-have-a-bad-game syndrome. 

If Panthers get him they have to realize they are not getting a QB that will win them a Super Bowl. 
But maybe the Panthers FO only cares about getting to the Playoffs. 

Word was that McDaniels put some heavy shackles on Carr last season.

I don't know if you can definitively say what Carr is or isn't yet given that he's been stuck with a sh-tty organization and lousy coaching for pretty much his entire career.

The guys who run the team now are much more qualified than me to make that decision so I'll trust what they say.

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if you can definitively say what Carr is or isn't yet given that he's been stuck with a sh-tty organization and lousy coaching for pretty much his entire career.

The guys who run the team now are much more qualified than me to make that decision so I'll trust what they say.

I don’t see how McDaniels shackled Carr since most of the stuff I have seen people have against Carr were complaints before McDaniels was hired. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is along my line of thinking as well.

The Raiders have been a dumpster fire organization for his entire career there. Mayock was a horrendous GM and retread Gruden was a disaster, along with Del Rio prior. They have severely lacked talent and have not been able to build through the draft.

If our current staff signs off on him, it's going to be difficult for me to object. Especially given the sheer amount of championship pedigree and coaching knowledge we have assembled...