• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Staff: Final Pieces (as of 2-23-23)

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

so do we know who they are talking to re: Tight tends coaching job?

i was just trying to get an idea of who thy might be chasing after. i started trying to do some digging, but after about 10 minutes of googling i gave up. 

i see us going three routes based on what we've done so far...either guys who have been head coaches or that are on track to be a head coach or who are position coaches and assistant head coaches...or long term players who are getting into coaching. 

so who is...

1) a former head coach who also either was a TE or coached TEs?

2) a rising star coach who may have played TE?

3) a former stud TE who is wanting to break into coaching?

Ditka haha

So now the next question is…. Does a stacked coaching staff entice players to want to come to Carolina and be a part of this show?   I mean, it cant hurt, but really how big is the player benefit when looking from the outside?

and I’m sure the current roster are watching this and saying WTF in a good way.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

So now the next question is…. Does a stacked coaching staff entice players to want to come to Carolina and be a part of this show?   I mean, it cant hurt, but really how big is the player benefit when looking from the outside?

In year 1, I'd have to think it really only would help with guys who played for these coaches in the past and have high opinions of playing for them.

But if we have a good year and the staff is praised as a reason why, then I could see it helping us next off season, particularly with those guys who take the 1 year deals for lesser money to try and show out and get a bigger contract the next year, such as Reddick.  

But in reality, not sure too many players are signing with anyone because of specific position coaches, mostly just HC's and the occasional OC/DC depending on the player and coaches situation.  What this will help out immensely with though, is the development of our young guys.

• Beer 2

23 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Oh so now you all love Tepper now? you guys disgust me damn hypocrites 

You should save those messages for the people who actually bitched and complained about Tepper, instead of assuming that it was everyone. At least check a poster's history first before making comments like that. 🙄

Edited by EgoDogg
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I dont think it can properly be expressed, but I don't EVER recall an all-star, highly touted staff being assembled of THIS magnitude.  Like this is insane.

I do, but it wasn't the Panthers.

When he was hired by the Rams, Dick Vermeil hired a staff that included some ex-head coaches as well as young up-and-comers. I remember raising an eyebrow when I saw it.

They did pretty well for themselves.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

11 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In year 1, I'd have to think it really only would help with guys who played for these coaches in the past and have high opinions of playing for them.

But if we have a good year and the staff is praised as a reason why, then I could see it helping us next off season, particularly with those guys who take the 1 year deals for lesser money to try and show out and get a bigger contract the next year, such as Reddick.  

But in reality, not sure too many players are signing with anyone because of specific position coaches, mostly just HC's and the occasional OC/DC depending on the player and coaches situation.  What this will help out immensely with though, is the development of our young guys.

i could see this as something that will be a really good draw for free agents looking to play for a future payday. Someone who has been an underperformer who feels they just haven't been getting good coaching might want to come here. 

For guys who were previously coached by one of our new coaches, though, i think if they were as good as we have been told then we'll see players telling their agents to find some way to Carolina. that's what i'm hoping anyways.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1